AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a setting on my HK 635 for LFE LP FLT it is currently set at 120hz which HK recommends. My mains and rears are set to 80Hz cross over. Should I just set this to 80 Hz as well? The sub I am going to use is HSU VTF-2 MK3.

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, and apparently no one else is, being that you haven't received any response.
But I will attempt to answer your question any way.
If your receiver has multiple crossover settings for all of your satellites, as well as your mains, you should set each to about 1.5 times the low frequency tuning point of your speakers for the most accuracy. Generally 80hz is recommended as a good starting point since it will work with most speakers, and for that reason most film tracks are mixed that way. You may need to experiment a little to get the best results with your particular system. If your receiver has separate LFE and sub outputs, I recommend you use the sub output. This will allow all the bass below the crossover point(s) to go to the sub rather then just the LFE.

Ian

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchuva /forum/post/16540350

I understand the question, and I need the answer too. The question is basically how do you decide what level to set the low pass filter?

Its based on each individual speaker actually assuming your AVR allows for individual speaker crossovers.

I set my mains to 70Hz, I set my surrounds to 100Hz because they suck under 100Hz.

·
Registered
30,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony J /forum/post/9539194

I have a setting on my HK 635 for LFE LP FLT it is currently set at 120hz which HK recommends. My mains and rears are set to 80Hz cross over. Should I just set this to 80 Hz as well? The sub I am going to use is HSU VTF-2 MK3.

Thanks Tony

Leave it as-is. That setting is only for LFE content and has no effect on the redirected bass. The latter is determined by the crossover chosen for each of the main channels.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/16540395

Leave it as-is. That setting is only for LFE content and has no effect on the redirected bass. The latter is determined by the crossover chosen for each of the main channels.

Oops, Kal is right (He always is!!
). You are talking about the actually LP LFE filter, not use to it because I seldom see it in the AVR setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.