AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I set the crossover dial on my sub (polk psw108) if my receiver (sony str dh770) has no setting to set the crossover for the sub? I can set the crossover for front center and surrounds but not subwoofer via the receiver.

the dial on the psw108 goes 35-200.

When i did auto calibration I set the crossover to 200 and the volume to the middle... was this incorrect?

·
Premium Member
10,897 Posts
seanmwaple said:
What should I set the crossover dial on my sub (polk psw108) if my receiver (sony str dh770) has no setting to set the crossover for the sub? I can set the crossover for front center and surrounds but
not subwoofer via the receiver. ...
The crossover settings for the speakers determine:
- what goes to the speakers (everything above the settings); and
- what goes to the sub(s) (everything below the settings).

Set the low-pass filter ("crossover") on the subwoofer itself to the maximum value to effectively disable it since the AVR is handling bass management.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crossover settings for the speakers determine:
- what goes to the speakers (everything above the settings); and
- what goes to the sub(s) (everything below the settings).

Set the low-pass filter ("crossover") on the subwoofer itself to the maximum value to effectively disable it since the AVR is handling bass management.
Ahh okay I gotcha.

So for my front left and front right should I use 120 like the calibration suggested or something lower and then the surrounds at 120?

My front speakers are Polk T15 (Lower and Upper -3dB Limits 65 Hz → 20 Hz)
My center is Polk T30 (Lower and Upper -3dB Limits 82 Hz → 20 kHz)

Then the 4 surrounds are just cheap Dynex DP-SP115
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-4-2-way-bookshelf-speakers-pair-black/1404008.p?skuId=1404008

1 - 4 of 4 Posts