AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an owner of a Sony STR-DA50ES receiver and a set of NHT speakers (NHT 2.5i as fronts), and I'm finally thinking of getting myself a subwoofer (NHT SW10), yay!

My only concern at this point is whether it's even possible to set a user defined crossover frequency within the settings of the receiver for the bass redirection to the subwoofer?

I've read through the manual a couple of times, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for - or am I just that dumb? LOL

Any ideas?!

All information is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I've never heard of a receiver in this class without a crossover. It's got to be in the setup somewhere. I searched for a while but Sony's site is horrible. I was trying to find the manual online but I just didn't see one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention earlier that the receiver actually has an option of "Small" or "Large" for the fronts in the setup, but there's obviously no user definable setting for the crossover...

I called up a sales person at the shop from where I bought the receiver, and his recommendation was to leave the receivers speaker setting at "Large" for the fronts (since NHT 2.5i is a full range speaker - all the way down to 29Hz) and just let the sub woofer take care of the rest...

Oh well, guess I'm just gonna have to stick to my plan of replacing the receiver in Q1-Q2'03 then...

Yeah I know, Sony's website is ****e...

Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the STR-DA5ES; however, I'm not sure if that's the same as the DA50ES.

You can only change the crossover after you have set the front speakers to small. Once you have activated that setting, continue through the setup menu past the speaker distance settings until you get to an option that looks like this:

Front SP > STD

The means that the crossover is set to the standard of 120Hz. From here you can toggle the value up or down. Once you move off of the STD setting, you will see actual Hz values. Do the same for all of your speakers.

Hope this works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.