AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have good mid bass from my PSB Synchrony One Speakers but I also have a good sub. Is there any receiver or porcessor that will let me high pass my speakers at 40hzor 50hz, while running the low pass to my sub at 80hz? I know some receivers have the ability to run LFE + Mains, or double bass, but the mains have to be set to full range for this, and I dont want to risk damaging my mains...

Anyone know what I can do? Are there any recievers or processors that will let me do this?

·
Registered
775 Posts
The Onkyo 606 can do this.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Audio /forum/post/15550205

The Onkyo 606 can do this.

No it can't. I suspect that you are thinking of the "Low-Pass Filter for the LFE Channel" setting (described on page 73 of the Owner's Manual ), but that does not allow you to set a high pass for the mains and a separate low pass filter for the sub that both operate on the L and R signals. LPF for LFE operates on the LFE channel only, which is not sent to the mains, unless you don't have a sub.

-Max

·
Registered
30,800 Posts
Marchand Electronic. Get separate modules for HP and LP.

Also, the Parasound Halo P7 preamp will do it if you can accept 80 and 50Hz rather than 80 and 40Hz.

·
Registered
13,777 Posts
It is possible with AVRs that have multi-point room EQ that you can adjust your EQ curve to achive this high pass. But the EQ adjust points are usually at fixed frequency.

For example, my Pio Elite 92 has 9-point room EQ called MCACC. I can tweek each individual channel's EQ curve at 9 different frequency points. But IIRC, the lowest frequency point is 63Hz or so.

·
Registered
775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcooper /forum/post/15550492

No it can't. I suspect that you are thinking of the "Low-Pass Filter for the LFE Channel" setting (described on page 73 of the Owner's Manual ), but that does not allow you to set a high pass for the mains and a separate low pass filter for the sub that both operate on the L and R signals. LPF for LFE operates on the LFE channel only, which is not sent to the mains, unless you don't have a sub.

-Max

Ahh, you're right. I guess the better question would be why anyone would want to do this in the first place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts