AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gents,

Been trying to set up my cross over settings on my AVR 391 and need some help. The speakers that came with the htib (DHT391XP) have a freq range of 150hz-22khz, so should i set the cross over to around 140-150? I dont want that large of a gap but at the same time im worried going above 80 will cause the sound from the subwoofer to become localized. Any suggestions? the subwoofer is placed about 6 ft left of the seating position

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If you can select a specific crossover I would not set it lower than 150hz. Since a crossover is not a brick wall at times you will still be sending some frequencies below 150hz to the speaker, which it can't produce. A good rule is to set the crossover about 10hz higher than the speakers lowest capable frequency. In your case this would be 160hz or even a bit higher. In most cases you won't have sub localization. Try it first and see if it actually happens. Your a bit limited as far as calibration goes because your satellites are small and are not able to play that low.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh thanks!

Sadly the receiver will only let me set the crossover at 130hz. I guess I can live with the 20hz gap

Alright to try to prevent the localization issue i just turned the subwoofers db to -1, so far so good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.