AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Audyssey set my center and fronts at 40 hz, and my surrounds at 150hz. Should i change any of these values at all or not?

Someone suggested to bump my center up to 60. Should i take my surrounds down to 80?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
what are the published low end spec's for your speakers ? What speakers are you using ? The cross-over settings should be at least 10 or 20 Hz above the low frequency range of the speakers, more if the speakers are struggling with low frequency sound because the spec's were a little too "optimistic".

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter
what are the published low end spec's for your speakers ? What speakers are you using ? The cross-over settings should be at least 10 or 20 Hz above the low frequency range of the speakers, more if the speakers are struggling with low frequency sound because the spec's were a little too "optimistic".
The surrounds are leftover Onkyo HTiaB surrounds with 70hz to 20khz.

Soo that probably is optimistic...you think i should keep them at 150hz or bump em down to like 100-120hz or so?

...cant wait to replace these suckers.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
you can always "experiment" with the settings, see what sounds best with your equipment in your room setting. No absolutes here, your ears will know which settings sound the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts