AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
I just ordered one! Paid extra for next-day. I'm taking tomorrow off!

· Registered
26 Posts
As in 112 years since that amp was manufactured. Check the data sheet: copyright 1892. It's just there for reference. You can't buy this amp any longer, but I have seen a working example. I also saw a device that pulls the Earth back to its correct axis. And a perpetual motion machine. And a transporter like they had on Star Trek. And...

· Registered
7,822 Posts
Rane PI 14 review:

Quote:
This is a product so extraordinary that if it didn’t exist, no one would miss it.
LMAO!!

· Registered
11,586 Posts
Yeah I also like the one for the Rane PI14, with all it's extra side info & the "review". The most between the 2.....;)

And just looking names of the parts in the block circuit diagram in the data sheet PDF, for the Rane. Is probably one of the better parts.

· Registered
7,822 Posts
It's tough to see in the pic, but the sub is mounted below the seat with .. ta-da! .. duct tape, of course.

· Registered
7,822 Posts
It's been around for quite a while so they're obviously aware of it. Business guys have senses of humor too. :D

· Registered
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A number of years ago Electro-Voice had a 4 page printed spec sheet, on high quality paper, depicting a driver array in Rube Goldberg fashion utilizing a porcelain bowl and plumber's helper claiming the ultimate in sound reproduction fidelity.

BTW the original Crown and Electro-Voice factories were just a few miles apart. Elkhart, IN and Buchanan, MI.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.