AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just ordered one! Paid extra for next-day. I'm taking tomorrow off!

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed in the spec sheet "Cross-wire Mono mode 13,970 watts @ 8 ohms".

This thing can really "double down"!

·
Registered
24 Posts
As in 112 years since that amp was manufactured. Check the data sheet: copyright 1892. It's just there for reference. You can't buy this amp any longer, but I have seen a working example. I also saw a device that pulls the Earth back to its correct axis. And a perpetual motion machine. And a transporter like they had on Star Trek. And...

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Rane PI 14 review:

Quote:
This is a product so extraordinary that if it didn’t exist, no one would miss it.
LMAO!!

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Yeah I also like the one for the Rane PI14, with all it's extra side info & the "review". The most between the 2.....;)

And just looking names of the parts in the block circuit diagram in the data sheet PDF, for the Rane. Is probably one of the better parts.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
As for that "sub chair" it's not a joke, I have one. But it's called a battlechair. And I've had it for about 5 years now, and I use it for playing PC games. It works great with games like Nascar Racing and flight games also.

http://www.battlechair.com/

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
It's tough to see in the pic, but the sub is mounted below the seat with .. ta-da! .. duct tape, of course.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It's really funny to find that Crown left some of their web server accessible in ftp manner, and that joke is really on their web server. Did some hacker put it there? or Some employee? :)

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
It's been around for quite a while so they're obviously aware of it. Business guys have senses of humor too. :D

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A number of years ago Electro-Voice had a 4 page printed spec sheet, on high quality paper, depicting a driver array in Rube Goldberg fashion utilizing a porcelain bowl and plumber's helper claiming the ultimate in sound reproduction fidelity.

BTW the original Crown and Electro-Voice factories were just a few miles apart. Elkhart, IN and Buchanan, MI.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.