AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ButtKickers are very popular, but I was wondering about the Crowson TES 100 couch kit. It uses 2 transducers each under the legs of a sofa. Crowson also makes the A200 stereo amplifier to connect to each transducer. Any comments or experiences with this brand?

Take Aim

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
There are many user reviews on their web site.

I cannot watch a movie without my Crowson Tactile Transducers.

They do more than just vibrate. They slide, bounce, shimmer, jump et al all in perfect harmony with the action on the screen

That said, I like more intense things in life and am using a Samson pro amp that delivers 500wpc at 6 ohms, which is the max rating for the Crowsons.

And I am using a couch kit (2 transducers) on my power reclining chair, as I watch movies by myself 90% of the time. I will, however, always offer this chair to my wife or company visiting for a movie. As my couch is actually 3 power chairs attched with brackets (my chair is now detached from the others), I would have wanted at least one or two more transducers for the whole seating.

I also have the split sub out from my receiver going into a separate preamp with remote volume control and then to my amp, as I need to turn up the power to the Crowsons when I listen to movies at lower levels so as not to dusturb the family. Also some movies need to have the volume to the transducers increased/decreased without changing the overall volume of the receiver. There is nothing like a remote control for doing this and I highly recommend using an amp with remote volume control.

I am using two new Crowson products as well. They have developed a pad that is just a non-slide covering that sticks on top of the transducers. You just peel off the paper covering the sticky side.This prevents the chair legs from sliding and gradually leaving the sweet spot of the transducer or coming off completely. This is a simple yet great addition.

I am also using their new preamp which has a variable low pass filter as well as gain control, and left,right inputs as well as lfe input so that there is now stereo affects (or you can use just the mono output the sums all the information into the single channel.).

My receiver, for some reason, does not send just

·
Registered
768 Posts
Did anyone read the March Widescreen review of the Crowson. The reviewer really liked it with the Buttkicker amp. Very interesting. I have two BUttKicckers now and am thinking about testing the Crowson against them to see which is better. I susepct that I will like the Crowson better because of the way it operates. I believe that it will be more accurate but we'll see.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly
There are many user reviews on their web site.

I cannot watch a movie without my Crowson Tactile Transducers.

They do more than just vibrate. They slide, bounce, shimmer, jump et al all in perfect harmony with the action on the screen

Highly recommended.

Shelly
Agreed . I have couch kit on my single recliner and 2 aura bass shakers on another recliner chair . The difference can easily feel. It just do something amazing by not shaking your butt only . Although it cost more than aura bass shakers and need more power to drive , I still think it is worth it .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.