AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happened to CRT Cinema? I saw a thread indicating that they had been taken over by nine3media.com, but I can't get to www.crtcinema.com and/or www.nine3media.com . Are they still in business (in any form?)

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Actually that link is dead for me right now. IT was good the other day...?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yep, Here's what I see::

Nine3Media.doc 85.5k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Oops! Yep. I see the same thing now. Damned browser caching..... I should know this... :)

Kal

P.S. If you're going there to get CRT manuals then head on over to curtpalme.com instead... I've got the same ones available.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a friend ask me about my theater set up and I was talking up the advantages of picking up a good used CRT projector and wanted to show him the place I got mine. Needless to say, I've got a little egg on my face. :eek:

What's even weirder is that I just saw a post from MattPSI that's dated yesterday. (Matt sold me my stuff.)

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmess
I had a friend ask me about my theater set up and I was talking up the advantages of picking up a good used CRT projector and wanted to show him the place I got mine. Needless to say, I've got a little egg on my face. :eek:
Show him Curt's site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmess
What's even weirder is that I just saw a post from MattPSI that's dated yesterday. (Matt sold me my stuff.)
They owe me parts for my PJ and I'm not getting responses to emails. With the problems I've had with them over the last 8 months, I can't say I'm sorry to see this.

Dave

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
As of 1800 hours EDT, the URLs now come uo with the setup page of a web hosting company. Obviously, either they are moving to a new discount web hosting company and are in a temporary hiatus, or they have just left that company and are not yet "live" on the new company's DNS and IP addresses.

Wait and watch, hopefully they will be back up soon.....

After all, they are definitely not out of business because I just spoke to them today and they have three more pallets of tubes to ship me, for a total of four six-foot high pallets so far :p

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Well I have some mounts...

you can mount your tube but you can't tube your mount, so who's ahead?

;)

Did the first pallet work out for you yet? Curious what the tubes today were since there were NO pix. I was going to bid, but lost interest after $500..:)

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Guys,

The website you're seeing doesn't necessarily mean they're closed. It's a standard response page when a client (of that particular hosting ISP [bluehost.com]) doesn't pay their bills. Could be as simple as forgetting to pay, or their credit card being overloaded.

Or, they could be completely gone as well. You never know....

Kal

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Just got an email from them. They are alive and well.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
Well I have some mounts...

you can mount your tube but you can't tube your mount, so who's ahead?

;)

Did the first pallet work out for you yet? Curious what the tubes today were since there were NO pix. I was going to bid, but lost interest after $500..:)
As Chris at PSI/93media explained it yesterday, to the best of my understanding, the original pallet sold in July or early August with the individual photos on eBay contained their best tubes, all either new or very, very lightly used. These they had set aside to use in retubing toasted projectors for eventual resale. That first pallet was of tubes in such good shape that none needed a rebuild job.

They then took all the rest of the used tubes from the bottoms of the shelves, made three equal sized pallets out of them, then distributed the remaining few new tubes (mostly the smaller 7-inchers) evenly among the three pallets. Two of those three remaining pallets were the ones sold on eBay yesterday, and there remains one more to be listed. All the duds have already been sold separately, too, but they are really usable only as core swaps for rebuild orders to VDC.

So, that's the story on the tubes. The first pallet is enroute, and should be delivered tomorrow or Monday. I didn't forget, and will look for that tube for you, Curt!

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
Guys,

The website you're seeing doesn't necessarily mean they're closed. It's a standard response page when a client (of that particular hosting ISP [bluehost.com]) doesn't pay their bills. Could be as simple as forgetting to pay, or their credit card being overloaded.

Or, they could be completely gone as well. You never know....

Kal
My site has been down for the past three weeks, mainly because I've been trying to transfer it to another hosting service. In the process of transfering it, the domain name expires, and that's where the fun begun. I must have forwarded at least 20 emails trying to get this cleared up. I've even cancelled my service with the previous provider, and still had serious problems getting the domain reregistered, though all I've had to pay was $14.00 :confused:

I've have similar problems with the same hosting service in the past. It has even taking months to be able to make changes to our site because of some misunderstanding with the hosting service about backdoor stuff (a big thanks to Chris Collins for his help here), and that has been the main reason why we've not made changes to our site... However, I've now moved to a first class operation. And they have been a very huge help in working with me to clear this mess up.

:mad:

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
Mike,

I went with godaddy. They seem to be pretty good so far, as well as inexpensive.

Wow, I love this. Matt's site is down for a day or so and everybody becomes overly concerned. I guess a phone call was to expensive.:)

Ericglo

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
If anyone's looking for a inexpensive hosting service, I would recommend 1and1.com. Never had any problems with these guys. Prices start at around $5/month. Don't expect much support however (from what I hear). You have to do everything yourself.

I've got Curt's site up there for approx $10/month and this gives me 2Gigs of hard drive space and 50Gb of traffice/month (plus a bunch of other nifty tools like the newsletter sender).

I've heard good things about www.webhost4life.com as well, but have never used them.

If you need any handholding then prepare to pay big bucks.

Edit: Eric mentioned godaddy.com ... I've heard good things about this place as well.

Kal

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
Edit: Eric mentioned godaddy.com ... I've heard good things about this place as well.

Kal
and I love their tv ads. :D

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
A message from nine3media to me this morning:

All I can say is…never use RegisterFly for hosting. We’ve had some major hosting problems with them and should have our web site back up later today or tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.