AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the following CRT RP HDTVs.

Toshiba Cinema Services 57HX94

Mitsubishi WS-65815

Mitsubishi WS-73615

JVC AV-65WP94

Would like some comments before I start shopping around...

-- Jim

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I would also consider the Sony 57WS655.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the WS-65815 Diamond Series also has a 9" tube. Any real difference between the Diamond series and the normal Mits sets? Assuming both have 9" tubes.

-- Jim

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also left out the Hitachi Ultravision...65F710A

-- Jim

·
Registered
218 Posts
Of the mitsubishi's only the diamond 65" and 73" have the 9" tubes. The new sets coming in 2006 only the 73" will have the 9" tubes.

Personally i have the WS65813 which is the older version of the WS65815 but essentially they're exactly the same sets with a few changes to inputs. I think it's a great set and won out of all sets i looked at when purchasing. Of the sets you mentioned only the Hitachi came close in picture quality in my mind but just can't beat the 9" guns.

HD looks great and DVD's are really good as set will display 480p natively so no conversion in the set to add artifacts.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.

-- Jim

·
Registered
424 Posts
I also have the Mitsubishi 65813, with 9 inch guns, it will blow your mind away. I have it connected to a Denon 2910 unconverting DVD player, and movies look like they do on HD net. It has the best resolution, picture definition and fluidity to its picture, like in a movie. Very sharp, dynamic blacks, excellent colors and no artifacts in upconversion. Even 480p looks very natural on the set.

Get it calibrated if you have the $$$$. The set blows away the best plasma , DLP, or 1080p Sony Qualia.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I went through a long selection process and ended up with the Mits WS-65815.

I paid under $3400. Negotiate hard. Get a good deal.

It is an awesome set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.