AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we have all heard that three chip DLP has probably the best color reproduction out there. I'd like to hear some input from you folks regarding what you think is the CRT that comes closest to this? I've seen several CRTs and DLPs and I have my own thoughts but would like to hear what you have to say.

Art

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would love to see a 3 chip DLP, the thing I don't get is how they control the color intensity, I thought the little mirror's flip on and off. The only DLP I have seen was at Best Buy it was a Tos RPTV there must have been something wrong because it had a very bad rainbow effect. The picture was very dynamic. The 3 chip would have to be a killer with HDTV.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Most newer crt-projectors made for business applications aren't that great when it comes to color-saturation and their color-space is rather narrow and far from SMPTE C standard. Projectors like Barco 120x, 808, 808s, 701s, 708 and Ehomes 8xxx, 9xxx dont use color filtering and their color space is narrower than the SMPTE C standard. You have to go to the Cine series from Barco or any Nec projector to get a color space that meets the SMPTE standard.

Remember I didnt say that theese projectors is bad, only that the color-space is narrower than the SMPTE C standard.

Per Johnny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.