Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I have to be honest...been hanging out in the front projection forum mostly these days, but I have a question for you folks!

Despite having recently gone front projection (if you have a dedicated room I can't say how great it is), but for day to day viewing, I don't tend to use the projector and with the addition of HD PVR from Time Warner Cable, I've found myself spending more and more time in front of my trusty old CRT-RP for day to day HD watching, recorded shows, etc.

The set I own is a Hitachi SWX-20B - a great set, championed on this site 2 years ago. I had the set fully calibrated by Gregg Loewen and when all was said and done I think I invested a good $3K.

Anyway, my conundrum is the following:

The set is in need of a touch up, which Gregg is happy to do when he's in town. I believe this runs somewhere in the $200-$300 area.

I think the set still has mileage in it - its been treated well over the last couple of years. I think with a good touch up it'll look great again - but the set has always been too big for the area where its placed. I've tested the waters a few times recentely trying to sell and have gotten no bites. I know I could donate it locally if necessary.

Now, to the question...

given that selling a RP-CRT is just not feasible, where do I stop investing in this set and move to a LCD or DLP RP set? Any input would be great appreciated.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.