AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone here is my first post. Been reading up on the site, but couldn't find an answer for this seemingly simple problem. I have an AmPro 2000G CRT projector and an HTPC (soyo dragon plus, Radeon 8500, AMD 1.2, 256 Crucial, Toshiba DVD, onboard sound). My question is this: First off just to clear things up I understand that you have to pull back to make the screen bigger and forward for smaller (not that helpless ;) ). I followed the manual for exact measurement for table mount from floor and from screen for an 84-inch wide screen. In test mode while aligning the CRT's the picture fit the screen perfectly, but when I hooked up the HTPC through the 5 BNC from VGA connection the picture was way off to the left and there was a total of about 24 inches of screen not filled up between the left and the right of the screen. I tried making the screen larger with both the internal AMPRO electronic adjustments and with powerstrip, but maxing both of them out still leaves me with a picture that is to small (although I can center it using these fixes.) I am confused because when I center it like this then turn the test screen back on that is way off the screen now. I think it is obvious that I am missing something here! Please Help :(

One more thing, I am a little worried about CRT burn using Windows because desktop icons and the start menu are constantly on the screen. Also right now when I play a dvd through Power DVD there are the black bars on the top and bottom for the 16:9 screen size, will these black bars cause CRT burn?

Thanks,

DAN

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
All your problems are the reason that I gladly tossed out my CRT and went for a DLP projector. My life is so less stressful =). Anyways, this is probably more suited for the CRT section b/c I think you will find more who have experienced the same as you.

To help a little, do not use the internal test screen pattern to either converge your system or to align for correct screen positioning. You need to use something like the AVIA DVD. The internal test pattern uses the Full face of the CRT, and is most likely at a differenct frequency than what you are inputing. When you input a signal, you can adjust how much of the screen face you want to use - I don't want to get into all of that b/c it's long & frustrating. The input frequency, resolution, etc will be a big factor as to how your picture will line up and what adjustments need to be made.

Yes, burn in happens very easily with CRT projectors. I highly recommend not showing a windows desktop (NO static images!!!). Also, I would not play any video games that have a static icon like the speed your going, or your score. Black bars will not cause burn-in, but where the image is displayed (16:9) will be burned in more than the other areas if you do alot of viewing in this mode.

I've moved several times with my projector and when I set it back up it would be slightly off from the previous viewing area. You wouldn't believe how much, & how fast burn-in happens especially with the blue gun.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get a DLP, LCD, or D-ila projector if you can afford it. The picture with CRT is better, but IMO I would not trade it in for all the headaches I had with it. I'm LOVING my LT150!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.