AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of evaluating CRTs and based upon my budget it looks like I'm going to be getting a Sony 1270 or 1271 in the coming weeks. I live in a loft with a 10.6' ceiling and I'm curious if I'll be able to flush mount the projector on the ceiling? I'm looking to project on a 45x80 16:9 screen but have it at a reasonable eye-level while sitting. Can I simply install the CRT on the ceiling and angle it down a few degrees? Will it still converge properly?

Thanks,

Kevin D.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No, you will have to lower the pj to the screen level. They do not have that level of adjustment, even if it did that amount of adjustment would really tax the pj's electronics. I have 12' ceilings in the old house that I'm living at. I am mounting a sony G-70 up there with a lowering pole adapter for the mount. It is adjustable, so I will lower the pj at least 5' from the ceiling, but most likely will be going a little lower.

John

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I built my own 'lowering' system of (4) 3/8" bolts for my XG852. Also have 10' ceilings, needed to drop the projector 15". Link/pictures HERE

It isn't as sturdy as I'd like from a swaying standpoint, but it isn't going to fall that is for sure (could probably hang 300-400 lbs from the 4 bolts). I'm working on a stabalizing system to prevent sway when you are working on the projector...

Paul

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ouch. That's what I was afraid of... :(

Can anyone recommend a motorized or manual CRT mount that would drop down from the ceiling during movies, but then retract back up? Having a CRT hovering in the middle of the loft all the time really isn't sounding like a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.