AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRT Projector help!!!!!!!

548 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Cheungcf 
#1 ·
I have a Sony Video Graphic Projector VPH-1031Q. This unit powers up for about 5 seconds then it shuts off by itself.... Does anybody know what's the problem of this projector?

#3 ·
Hi,

I had that problem with one of mine. It turned out to be the horizontal output transistor and EA board, but there are other possibilities, too. Take the lens block off and check the fuses on the power distribution board and make sure they are all good and that there are no loose wires.

Let me know if you need some more help.

Aaron

#6 ·
It can be almost any board in the set. Power supply, convergence board, etc. THis set has a number of test points that all go back and shut the supply off after 5 seconds. Without at least the s/manual and a meter, you might have a tough time narrowing it down.

Check all of the large transistors for shorts, that's a good start.

curt

#7 ·
I have a 1042q which has similar problem. I checked all the solderings and caps but they were alright. I finally sent it to a TV repair technician and he told me it was due to the bad HV block. Until now the problem was not fixed because I can't find a good HV block.

I hope your problem is just a simple one.

C.F.

#8 ·
Yeah, I just could NOT help myself. :D

The trouble here is that it could be anything.......

It's kind of tough to answer a question like that.

C.F. Can you post a pic of your HV block? I MIGHT have one.

Marc

#11 ·
Hi Marc,

I attached a drawing of the HV DC block of a 1042q. I can't take a pic of my pj bacause I packed it too well in a box. According to the service manual, the P/N is 1-453-108-11. If you have one, please contact me at cheungcf2000@yahoo.com . Thanks.

nyke831, HV block is high voltage DC block. If you have a service manual of 1031q, you can see it on P.28. The P/N is 1-453-095-15. I suggest you check the soldering and the caps first.

C.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.