AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'd like to say that I've been reading lots of posts in this forum for months trying to get more information about what's CRT's all about and while I learnt something about, I'm nothing more than a "curious" in the subject. And I'd like to ask if this hardware is viable do play games on retroconsoles (I'm talking about NES up to Dreamcast or PS2), also to put in the right context - I live in Brazil and I found some Sony's VPH series (1001q and D50, to be specific), they are here somewhat pricey, but I could get these if:

1 - Do these models look good on 240p res?

2 - Is there any risk of burn in?

3 - What's the best image size for these models?

Thanks for advance and sorry for the bad english, I'd pretty happy if someone help me.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would seek out an 8 inch set at a minimum.

easily 720p @72hz; sharp focus, good color, relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
CRT projector for retrogaming is not a good idea. Because lots of elements in retro games are in the same screen area all the time. You will have screen burn effect in phosphor area of CRT tube after 1000 hour or more (depends on the Contrast level).
If you want to play Pacman in CRT projector, use the lowest possible contrast.
You can also use a screensaver, to prevent screen burn effect.

I own a barco cine 7 (just 1800h~), like new. But if you have no experience in electronics and CRT monitors. Maybe a technician will help you out. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts