AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1031q converged to a 16:9 screen. The 1031q only has one hi-freq input and one no separate memories for it. I am feeding it a 1081i signal from a Hughes DirecTV Hidef receiver with both Sat and Terrestrial signals.

When the receiver is tuning in a high def channel, (native 1080i or abc's 720p or fox's 480p) either sat or terrestrial, it locks out it's internal image sizer (strech, blown-up or sidepanels) that is available for 480i signals that it scales to 1080i.

My question is, when receiving a high def signal, sometimes the image is not widescreen (I assume that it is then just a digital signal but not hidef) how concerned should I be about the amount of time I watch this 4:3 info with black bars on the left and right side? (usually it's just football on fox - so 3 hrs a week). My other option is to turn the high-def output off and let the 480i signal scale to 540p in my crystal image scaler. However, I find the satellite receiver does a better job of scaling the digital terrestrial signal to 1081i than the crystal image does scaling the analog 480i to 540p. Plus with the terrestrial digital signal I get dolby digital audio!

Thanks for any comments.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.