AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
no chance... unless you want to do some work on the unit (format your drive with older 5040 code) and setup WiRNS & plugin to ignore software updates

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The bad news is that your Replay will not do IVS unless it is hacked. The good news is that it will still do room-to-room streaming. Plus, the 5000's and 5500's are fully compatible when it comes to streaming. Thus, your 5500 is hardly a waste of money. All you need to do is get a 5000 for Poopliing, and you're all set.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My question is, how in heck did you sign up for poopli if your 55xx wasn't enabled for IVS? I mean, don't you have to enter your IVS number in order to sign up for poopli?

The NEW 55xx series has been out for a year now. It's pretty old news that it doesn't do IVS out of the box.

For answers, see this thread.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by melduforx
My question is, how in heck did you sign up for poopli if your 55xx wasn't enabled for IVS? I mean, don't you have to enter your IVS number in order to sign up for poopli?
I guess you haven't been over to Poopli lately. There has been a ton of people signing on with bogus IVS numbers like 11111-1111-111 or 800-555-1212 or 5FA3-1D7-482E.

If poopli asks for an IVS number, it's not that good at making sure it's even real (or has the correct amount and type of data entered).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Quote:
Probably mistakenly used the serial # instead... a common mistake

·
Registered
184 Posts
Quote:
Sort of. You have to enter stuff into the IVS number field but it can be anything. I've seen all the same digits (11111-1111....), and letters. There are no checks on what you put in.

·
Registered
429 Posts
But really, don't people realize that the IVS number has to MEAN SOMETHING?

Do they really expect it to work if you put in 11111-11111-11111?

If you do, then you shouldn't be using IVS.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
People put in all sorts of things for their ISN. I can understand some people mistakenly putting their serial number there instead of their ISN. However, like you, I am amazed that some people seem think to think an obviously made up ISN will work. Hopefully, archdog99 will add some verification to the field soon.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arcadefreaque
no chance... unless you want to do some work on the unit (format your drive with older 5040 code) and setup WiRNS & plugin to ignore software updates
Well, you might not have to start off this drastic @ first. I would first attempt to use j.m.'s WiRNS method of reverting to your last known software. That can be found here . Ideally, you are hoping to end up with build 19 or 140. Version 144 is the build that killed the initial hack of these features.

Depending on how old the software is may determine your next step. If it's too old, which it may be, it may be better to re-image like arcadefreaque mentioned. If you end up with build 19 or 140, then you're golden.

From now on, if you what CA & IVS, you'll have to utilize an ap called WiRNS full time for the most part running on a PC. Some other people have written Pearl scripts to schedule guide downloads, but if you have a PC running most of the time anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Here are the Cliff Notes directions written by moyekj that mentions how to utilize j.m.'s plugins for WiRNS to hack CA & IVS. I haven't gone through the directions myself, but I have heard people have had success with them. I urge to to also read the thread that started it all. It's long, but contains a lot of info. Some of the info is dated and you will not need to do it, so read carefully.

If you need help, let us know.

In short, if your looking for a super easy way for your 55xx to have CA or IVS, it's not going to happen. You can still do it, but it requires much more effort now.

Good luck!

-- Craig

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had one request with IVS number "?????-?????-?????". I guess they expected me to beam the show to them telepathically, too. Normally, with an incorrect IVS number I would offer some assistance or guidance as to how to set up IVS and Poopli, but for entries that they have to know are fake, I just decline with the reason "Unable to contact your unit".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.