AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I doubt it. I've ordered some things from them, but never tried that. They have that whole 'authorized dealer' thing going on, which means they probably won't. Plus, you do save plenty of money on minimal or free shipping as well as the lack of paying taxes over going to the store.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mevans0000
My hope was that they would match Goodguys which is also free ship and authorized.
Why not just buy from the good guys?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have delt with them severl times (and usually end up buying elsewhere)-- they are usually very close to MSRP and very high price-- they DO NOT price match. Occaionally you can get a small discount (less than $100) if there is a special program-- but no negotiated deals with the reps. However they do not charge tax and this may make up for you. They also have great service and return for 30 days so it may be worth a little more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ohhh BTW -- tecnically you are supposed to pay the sales tax to your state even if the retailer does not cellect it -- some have been caught and fined in other posts-- just wanted to be complete and legal...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:
They also have great service and return for 30 days so it may be worth a little more.
Doesn't J&R have this for alot less than MSRP? Even big retailers like Sears, Circuit City, Tweeter, GoodGuys, etc have 10-15% off sales and many support the product long after 30 days.

I really have no idea how Crutchfield stays in business. How can their service be so much better than a local B&M to justify the high price?

One thing to be cautious of shopping for a direct view mail order is the shipping costs can easily negate any savings on price due to the heavy weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't know, but....

When I bought my dvd player it dropped $50 bucks the next week.

They rebated the difference to my amex w/out hassle.

Nice folks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
they DO NOT price match
Of course not. They have to pay for those nice glossy catalogues! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.