AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 TV and would like to get a pair of DLP Link glasses. I am looking at Crystal Eyes 5 or Viewsonic PGD-150. Is the Crystal Eyes 5 worth the added price for them? I can get Viewsonic for $85.00.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Murray /forum/post/19635891

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 TV and would like to get a pair of DLP Link glasses. I am looking at Crystal Eyes 5 or Viewsonic PGD-150. Is the Crystal Eyes 5 worth the added price for them? I can get Viewsonic for $85.00.

Thanks

No,

it is the same Chinese quality.

Get Viewsonic's glasses.

Mathew Orman

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Murray
Mathew, Thanks for your input. Have you tried them both out?
Do not have CrystalEyes 5.

I have the original Stereographics's CrystalEyes and those ware made in Japan.

There is a thread about CrystalEyes 5 performance and you should get opinions from members who actually own those.

My opinion is based on electro-optical performance of those gasses.

I do have the actual shutter TN cell or "LCD glass" as the Chinese manufacturers call it. They are the same as the ones used in CrystalEye 5.

Comparing to the original, the new CrystalEyes 5 have the same speed but much smaller cell's window size .

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
482 Posts
Daniel,

I have the Viewsonics, Optomas. Ultraclears, and CE5 DLP Link glasses.

The CE5's are the only ones that eliminate rainbows. They have the best contrast and no colorshifting with vertical head movement either. They also hold link better in bright environments too, plus they are rechargeable via usb uinlike the others which use batteries. Comfort wise the UC's are the best with CE5 2nd. Viewsonics are uncomfortable to my above average sized head. Only drawback with CE5 is price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts