AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the CS-1 but I am unsure of one thing. I have a Mits RPTV WS-65908. I have the CS-1 connected to the DTV Input. If I set the output res to 960x540-60 (which I assume is 540P??) I cannot get the picture centered(even with adjustment on the CS-1). Is this 540P??

If I selct 1080I output on the CS-1 it seems to be okay but I understand the 540P is the "sweetspot" and might yield a better picture. Also, the 1080I output forces to a YPrPb as opossed to RGB. I would think that an RGB output from the CS-1 is better. Any thoughts? Anyone else using a CS-1 with a MITS RPTV?

Thanks..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mortg0,

Check your private mail. I sent you the output numbers that need to be plugged into the program for a custom 540p resolution. These work fine for me with a Mits 65" and CS-1.

Bjake

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bjake: Thanks for the info. Can I trouble you for a few more questions since you seem to have the same setup as me? I have the CS-1 connected via a breakout cable to the DTV input (all 5 connectors). My HDTV rec. is connected via VGA cable to the passthru on the CS-1.

I set the custom res. as you suggested but I have the same problem. In fact, the MITS will not allow me to set the DTV input as YpBrp only RGB. The picture is shifted to the left (unable to adjust in the CS-1 to center it). Also the image is dark and gets bright and then dark (keeps shifting brightness level). How do you have your setup connected?

Also, when I switch the CS-1 to the VGA Passthru, the TV hangs for a bit trying to resync to RGB (my HDTV recv. is outputting RGB) so the TV has to reconfigure the DTV input.

Thanks again for all of your help!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have about the same setup. My CS-1 is connected to the DTV inputs on my Mits. It is a breakout cable, but only 3 connectors. I have a Mits STB (direct TV) going into the CS-1 by both S-Video and (RGB) 3 wire. I then use the CS-1 to scale the majority of non HD channels by using the S-video and use the passthrough for true HD sources. This works great for me. When in the S-video mode (STB is sending a 480i signal) I can adjust the picture both vertically and horizontally. With my Mits STB I also have the output set to 4:3 and then let the CS01 stretch the picture to 16:9. This also seems to give a better picture than letting the Mits STB do the strecting. I have not tried the 5 connector setup on this tv.

The custom resolution is set to YPrPb, but I remember having a real tough time getting that to hold (Stay in the computer as a custom resolution)(rather than the RGB). I think I finally talked to another member: WT-46809, who was able to walk me through the computer input necessary to make the resolution work. I suggest giving him an email and he should be able to do it.

I seem to remember going into the CS-1 computer program and using the 1080i_pima resolution as a starting point and then inputting the new numbers and then saving it as _540p. This seemed to work, (using an already created resolution and changing it, rather than trying to create a new one).

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,874 Posts
In case it helps any of you with Mitsubishi RPTV's, the DB-15 VGA input on some (if not all models) supports 480P, 540P, and 1080i signals despite the fact that the manual states only 480P. I have confirmed 540P on a WS-65909 using my Faroudja NRS and another forum member (jesseasi) has confirmed the other resolutions. So if you need to use RGB from one source and component from another, you can use the VGA input for the RGB source and the DTV input for the component source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.