AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I feed the CS-1 a transcoded HDTV signal from my DST-3000 can I output it in YPrPb format? I would like to be able to drive both my projector and RPTV HDTV.

Since no one makes, at least that I am aware of, a component splitter I would have to figure out a way to split the siganl somewhere.

Anyone have any thoughts....

Thanks,

Keith

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
There are lots of component "splitters" (distribution amplifiers).

Most places that sell high end TVs, projectors and displays (RPTV, plasma) use these things. Try KeyDigital, I think I saw they had one.

Which output of the CS-1 are you going to be using?

I'm not quite sure how the passthrough in the CS-1 works. Some passthroughs mean there's transcoding between the passthrough and the component outputs (i.e., you can enter RGBHV and see component on the output) - like LEEZA. Some passthroughs are just that (just a lock on the RGBHV).

I'm not sure which one of these the CS-1 has.

I'm also wondering if the passthrough gets transcoded into DVI (with LEEZA, it doesn't).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I saw the Audio Authority and Key Digital ones. A little more than I wanted to spend and I only need to split it once. These are all 3 + spliters.

As far as the output on the CS-1. I can use either, my projector will take a RGB or Compenent, but my RPTV will only take Compenent. I am hoping that the CS-1 does not transcode it if set to output Compenent.

Keith

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oferlaor
There are lots of component "splitters" (distribution amplifiers).

Most places that sell high end TVs, projectors and displays (RPTV, plasma) use these things. Try KeyDigital, I think I saw they had one.

Which output of the CS-1 are you going to be using?

I'm not quite sure how the passthrough in the CS-1 works. Some passthroughs mean there's transcoding between the passthrough and the component outputs (i.e., you can enter RGBHV and see component on the output) - like LEEZA. Some passthroughs are just that (just a lock on the RGBHV).

I'm not sure which one of these the CS-1 has.

I'm also wondering if the passthrough gets transcoded into DVI (with LEEZA, it doesn't).
The Centerstage will 'pass through' whatever is being input at the

connector (i.e. no settings at the ui will have any influence, other

than putting the box in bypass mode that is). So RGB or YPrPb (with or

without tri-level syncs) will be passed through with Centerstage

basically 'unaware' of what is being piped. You can then set all of your other inputs to output component as well so your RPTV is always recieving a component signal.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shaun,

Next question is can I use a simple Computer Monitor switch like the LinkSys models to switch a component signal? That would be great...

Keith

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Thanks Shaun, that makes the most sense!

So, if your RPTV gets component and you have the component part hooked up, what's the problem?

Does your DST-3000 output component?! If so, all you need is to use a breakout cable and use the component (RGB leads) part of the breakout cable as if it were a component cable.

I still don't understand why you'd need a splitter.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Yes the DST-3000 output component. I need the spliter becuase I want to feed both my LCD Projector and my RPTV. Altinex makes a splitter that I may be able to use.

Thanks for all your input.

Keith

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kcarlasc
Hi,

Yes the DST-3000 output component. I need the spliter becuase I want to feed both my LCD Projector and my RPTV. Altinex makes a splitter that I may be able to use.

Thanks for all your input.

Keith
You can try it, Altinex is a good company and makes good products. I am not sure how this would effect the picture?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.