AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be a good idea to have two threads - one for CRT users and one for DLP/LCD users.

I have mine, but I probably wont' have time to toy with it until the weekend. I have however read through the owners manual and I'm very excited.I'm anxious to see/hear about pic quality, but I think some custom resolutions might be necessary to get the most of it.

One question - I use a Sony G70, and I have found the projector really shines with signals above 60kHz. What would be a good resolution to achieve that with an 8" CRT?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would like to know if, given the fact that the Sil chip only outputs at 60hz, is there any advantage to setting resolutions on a 7" CRT that refresh at 48hz or 72hz. Should we just stick to 60hz.

Andrew

·
Registered
73 Posts
well, my credit card has been charged, so I expect mine to arrive "any day now," and I, too, am excited at the prospects, and interested in hearing other CRT experiences. I suppose I should read the manual to get ready! :) I'm driving a RUNCO DTV-933 which, alas, I just paid to have calibrated and converged at 480p for my iScan PRO, but a quick test with my XBOX and iBook (via the KeyDigital transcoder) shows that the 720p convergence isn't too far off, so I should be able to make some reasonably fair comparisons. At any rate, I'll either have a lightly used CS-1, or a gently loved iScan PRO for sale in about two weeks. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sigh.. Well mine has not yet arrived, but I'm still excited, if a little less so for the wait...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by luzovich
I saw them on Yayco for $1399 but I don't know if they're in stock.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/yayco/centerstage.html

I would not recommend purchasing from this company. They are not an authorized dealer. Your warranty is only valid if you purchase through an authorized reseller.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Authorized and unauthorized dealers piss me off. It's the same product and it has to come from the same place. The only logical explaination is that one company must pay a premium to receieve authorized status.

Is my guess way off the board?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by douglas.hanks
Authorized and unauthorized dealers piss me off. It's the same product and it has to come from the same place. The only logical explaination is that one company must pay a premium to receieve authorized status.

Is my guess way off the board?
Actually not the case. What sometimes happens is some of these online dealers just place product online with a discounted price with no inventory then when they get an order they try to become authorized. Or they are purchasing gray market from an authorized dealer, this action by a reseller will cause them to lose their authorization, sooner or later they will get caught. In most cases these companies don't last to long and they really mess things up for those dealers that follow our authorization guidelines. You will notice that AVScience is one of the few authorized online resellers, TV Authority is another. This is because they offer online support and do a really great job! I do not think that a company like Yayco will be able to support our customers at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.