AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked FE about the aspect ratio of CS-1 for anamorphic lens on another thread. Some AL users may be interested in this topic, so I post it on this new thread again.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Proust

Hi Shaun,

I found that it only has two display modes for 4:3 AL (anamorphic lens) on your document(please re: attachment).

1, Input: 4:3 Output: 16:9 (Scaling ratios: H= .75 V=1)

This mode is useless for most of the AL users. If I want to project 4:3 image, I can simply move the AL away. It is stupid to scaled down a 4:3 image horizontally, and lose the resolution on the left and right sides.

2, Input: 16:9 Output: 16:9 (Scaling ratios: H=1 V=1)

Does it mean that there is no change between the Input(anamorphic) and Output(anamorphic too)? What is the difference between this mode and the 4:3 display mode (input: 4:3 output: 4:3, H=1 V=1)?

I think the most useful AR for the AL users is to change letter box (16:9 or 2.35:1) image into anamorphic image. It means that the input (letter box) is expanded vertically to eliminate the black bars on the top and bottom.

Can it do this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The output Aspect ratio should match your screens aspect. I am not sure if I completely understand your questions. If you want to email me some detailed info on what you expected for AL aspect support I would be happy to forward it to our Product management team for consideration in a future firmware release. I believe that we plan on supporting your last question.

Shaun McTernan

Director, US

Professional Channel Sales

Focus Enhancements

cs-1aspectratios.pdf 20.033203125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
This is from FE Engineering

If this user is going to remove his AL lens for 4:3 mode, then he can change the output aspect ratio to 4:3. Why would anyone want to change his lens when he changes sources?

For his second issue, he can use 16:9LB mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Shaun.

For the second issue: Do you mean I can input 16:9LB and output 4:3 AL?It is perfect if it can change letterbox into anamorphic image.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.