Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just looking at the CS-HD scaler and it seems like it wasn't originally intended for the CRT projector crowd. Is anyone using this scaler with a CRT????

If so, how do you like this scaler in this application????

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jim,

I'm using a CS-HD with my NEC XG110LC and I'm happy with the combination. I originally checked out the CS-2 but wasn't prepared to spend $1800 on a scaler, so I looked at the CS-HD.

The preliminary info only had support for DVI and Component, no RGB, but in the final release FE added RGB resolutions.

I'm using 720P RGB (1280x720) and it looks very good.

I'm having one issue with the CS-HD right now and that is the HD pass-thru. I have a Key Digital Component - RGB transcoder hooked up to my Hughes HD STB and I'm getting some tearing of the image on the HD pass-thru. I'm in the process of nailing down the problem so I can't say if it's a problem with the CS-HD or not.

For the price, it's a great product as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Casey,

Thanks for the reply. With this new scaler just becoming available a month

ago I was thinking I'd see lots more people talking about it here, but there isn't.

Do you use the scaler for non-HD satellite tv??? Hows it look?

Take care

Jim

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jim,

I do use it for my Directv SD and it looks as good as you can expect given the low resolution of all satellite SD channels.

Before I got the CS-HD I was using an Iscan V2 at 480P and the menus from my Directivo always had line crawl around the edges and alot of artifacting around text. With the CS-HD all of that is gone. The menus look as good on my XG as they do on my Sony 36XBR400 HD Ready TV.

If you are looking for a scaler that is very reasonably priced, looks great, and is very easy to setup and use, the CS-HD is a great choice.

I got mine from Jason at AVScience. The service was excellent and the price was right. Give him a shout if you are interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.