AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a problem with the centerstage cs1.

I've noticed that there is a big and annoying tremor, more perceptible in the static images (menù or pause on the dvd for example), but I don't know from what it depends.

I've made the test connecting the cs1 to a barco 1208s, a graphics 801s, and a sim2 svd 800 and i've got always the same defect. I've tried with various resolutions (1366, 128, 1152 and 720p) with refresh to 50 and 60Hz with material PAL. Moreover I've tried 3 cs1 with the same result.

I'd like to know if I can resolve in some way or if it's a defect that will be correct with a new firmware.

thanks and excused for my English :) .

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I think you should try the new firmware first before coming to a judgement

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which firmware you talk about? Do You refer to the last release 2.01RC? or a new one will be released?.

thanks

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Fandango, I refer to the latest available and/or the next one coming out. Since you did not specify if you had tried using the new firmware, I am assuming you did not upgrade. Plus, have you contacted FE in this forum, who works for Focus Enhancements to relate the problem to him?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. i have tried the the latest avalaible 2.01 firmware, but nothing is changed.

I've found an old thread and i've tried some suggested settings; I have partially resolved the problem, setting the sync on fast (it was setting on slow). the "wavy effect" on the image is nearly disappeared, and it's imperceptible now.

Nothing is wrong using NTSC material. I'm trying some demo versions of the CS-1, and the problem appears only wiht PAL material using a CRT projector. in Italy it has been commercialized now and I think that the bug will now come outside.

OK, I contact Fe to have several about news.

Thanks a lot, Paul, you've been very kind.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Fandango, your welcome.

Good luck

·
Registered
252 Posts
What problem do you have with PAL-material? I use my CS1 with my Cine-7 and before with a NEC 9PGxtra. My first problems where the "staggering" in horizontal panning on PAL-discs. I resolved that by changing the refreshrate on the CS1...

//Kris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristofer
What problem do you have with PAL-material? I use my CS1 with my Cine-7 and before with a NEC 9PGxtra. My first problems where the "staggering" in horizontal panning on PAL-discs. I resolved that by changing the refreshrate on the CS1...

//Kris
i've a "wavy effect" on the picture in horizontal panning , probably it's the same "staggering".

Changing refreshrate the effect is been reduced just a little, i've resolved setting the sync of projector on "fast" (defect eliminated of 80%).

it's hardly perceivable now, but I'd like to know if the Focus is preparing a new firmware to resolve completely.

I've sended a pm to FE.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I guess you've read the other postings about the "wavinessproblem" with the CS1 and CRT-projectors. I've just got my Cine-7 and have not yet really used it that much. Though I know that my first setup in the PJ was with fast sync.ö I will keep on testing and see if I can see the problem...

//Kris

·
Registered
753 Posts
This has been an issue brought to our attention before. Seems to be a setup issue with some CRT's. I am not a CRT expert but I have informed our international tech support manager about this thread. This is an ongoing investigation, but it is not believed to be an issue with the CS but a setup issue with some CRT's. That is all I know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.