AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 2 of the Polk T90es (european version of the monitor 60) from Newegg and found out that they are timbre matched to the CS20 but was wondering if it would just be better to get a 3rd of the T90e and use it as a center channel?

Then I was thinking of saving up for the emotiva XPA-3 to power the trio as my fronts and center.

I have a Pioneer VSX-816 so I think I can just use that to power the sourround speakers.

·
Registered
29,192 Posts
If you have room for another floorstanding speaker as your center channel, definitely get another T90e. It would be the perfect match.

No way to hook an emotiva XPA-3 to your Pioneer 816 because that receiver doesn't have analog outputs to connect to an amp. All it has is a subwoofer output.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still waiting for them to be delivered from Newegg and then they will probably need a little time to break-in but they are replacing some cheap KLH speakers I have now so it should be much better.

·
Registered
29,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDawg /forum/post/15558714

the Pioneer vsx-816 has pre-outs for the other 5 also.

You're right! Sorry about that. Who laid out the back panel of that receiver? Why is the sub out so far away from the other preouts? Never seen that on any other brand receiver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts