AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
it's a show about forensic investigation of murder and mayhem! set in VEGAS! it's not SUPPOSED to be a family show.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by barth2k
it's a show about forensic investigation of murder and mayhem! set in VEGAS! it's not SUPPOSED to be a family show.

I agree.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by barth2k
Not to mention it's on at 9:00. Put the damn kids to bed. Good Lord, I hate crap like this. And I hate it even more when producers bow to the complaints.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just move it to 10pm...E.R.'s on the way out anyway.

Then keep the content as it has been.

So tired of holier-than-thou fundamentalists pushing their morality views on the rest of America.

Ok...time for our own grass-roots, keep-it-real campaign!!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I've never watched, nor do I care what time it's on or that "it's a show about forensic investigation of murder and mayhem", but the extremely apparent fact that it is in Vegas should make it an unfriendly family program. I hate when things are limited/held back/changed/censored to please lazy ass parents..jfal;djklk Ironically as I'm typing this my neighborhood drug dealer just pulled up... Mr. Softee. God it's sad that he usually comes after 10pm, well into the cold months, doesn't turn on his music, and sits outside of certain spots consistantly.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
hmm if true i have lost alot of respect for the show; not that i think the show needs that stuff, but i want creative integrity in teh show, for the writers to do what they want.

how dumb i bet that group would have found something wrong with any of the top 2 or three shows .. it is why they exist to get press and to do so they have to whin

either the producers and or cbs again if true is very weak!!!!!

i hope they pay for bowing down to professinal moralists; if they do

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Foursomes, slit throats, lap dancers and an hour of Catherine's cleavage - didn't seem any less seamy to me last night. Yahoo!

·
Registered
17,664 Posts
I used to work in a latch-key program and hear 3rd graders talk about the previous night's NYPD Blue. What are some parents thinking? When I was in the third grade, I was sent to be at 8:00. The only exception was for the weekly Disney movie. And I couldn't watch more than 3 hours of TV each day.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HDTVChallenged

1) V-Chip ... learn it .... use it

HDC
Exactly!

Remember, the group that put pressure on CSI is PTC, the Parents Television Council. They also pressured some advertisers to quit their ads on Smackdown, the WWE wrestling product. They also labeled Gilmore Girls as a bad show because Loralie was raising Rory as a single mother.

A TV should not be a parent to a kid, a parent should .

·
Registered
174 Posts
I, for one, am offended by the violence in college football, immediately after Saturday morning cartoons (here on the left coast) no less *gasp* Tha Horror!!! The gratuitous sex displayed by those 20 year old cheerleaders is inexcusable. Shaking their...

Oh never mind. **Drool.....**

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
While all the replies in this thread are exactly what I would have expected from this group (and I don't necessarily disagree in principal), I will say this. The first two seasons of CSI weren't nearly as "racy" as the show has gotten more recently, and I think those two first seasons were the best. It seems like the racier content (and additional gore) that's been added recently is a very transparent attempt at getting big ratings, for instance the S&M eps that seem to pop up during every sweeps. While I don't really find that content offensive, I do find it somewhat insulting that the writers think they have to add that stuff to make the show interesting and worth watching. I would much rather they focus on the forensic science and on the interesting twists and unexpected resolutions that the early seasons seemed to use more.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Well, I think that CSI, etc is easily avoidable enough. What honest to god irritates me as a parent is the alleged "family hour" (Seinfeld, Friends, etc)where plots revolve around masturbation, sex, whatever. Personally, I enjoy masturbating and having sex (just showing I'm not stuffy here). But I would like them to know that as a RESPONSIBLE parent, my TV is tuned to Monster Garage, Mail Call etc on channels liek Discovery, TLC & History Channel when we sit down to watch some TV @ night. I do get the kids in the other room watching PBS Kids on Thursday nights so I can watch CSI.

·
Registered
17,664 Posts
i have to agree that a lot of shows supposedly for "family" audiences have gotten very borderline, especially with dialog. The worst part is some of these shows have kids on them uttering sexual innuendos. 8PM is no time for adult jokes and images. However 9 and 10PM timeslots with shows that people KNOW contain adult content need to have parents involved in making sure the kids are either in bed or watching something else. TV is not a substitute for proper parenting. To fault the networks when a show containing adult content proves popular because "kids might see it" is a cop-out.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Networks and producers have to pay attention to people when they have reservations about program content. After all, when viewership goes down, so do ad revenues. Networks have to try to please as many people as possible.

I love CSI; my wife and I watch both versions every time they're on. With that said, it doesn't bother me that they're going to tone down some of the more graphic elements of the show (not that they really bothered us). The STORY and the interaction of the characters is what makes the show entertaining to us. We love the "eye candy" aerial shots between scenes, too. Wiping out an image of a bullet ripping through someone's lung or showing a woman's chest hanging out from under her bikini top isn't going to keep me from watching the show. And I can't believe that people will quit watching CSI if things are "toned down"...as if that were the only reason they watched it was for 2 minutes of "graphic images."

For those who want more graphic images, use the same tactics as those who protest: tell CBS you'll boycott the show unless they show more gore and sex. The producers will decide what's best for the show based upon viewer demands and reactions. Democracy at work. I seriously doubt CSI will lose any viewers for "modifying" the content slightly.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinivey
'CSI" will be cutting back on some of the seamier aspects of life this season, following a slam from a watchdog group that labeled the show the least family-friendly program on TV.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If they changed CSI to be more like Lizzy McGuire, then nobody would watch it. It's the Number One Show in America - whatever it is they are doing works for most of America.

Here's an idea to the watchdog group - turn off your TV! The rest of us have civil rights to not have to watch things toned down to your level.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.