AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, tell me I'm not crazy, but for those that watched the season premier of CSI Miami last night, did Emily Proctor look like an entirely different woman to anyone else but me and my wife?

OK, maybe not entirely different, but something has changed with her and I cannot put my finger on it. She used to look so soft and innocent, yet last night she looked more rugged and worn. Her appearance completely distracted me throughout last night's show. (Well, that and the heavy, splotchy pancake makeup on David Caruso's face.)

Somebody, tell me you thought the same thing. :)

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Hair style change,and her face seemed to be fuller. I also thought at first that she had been replaced. before she spoke. No change in her southern voice, but her looks have changed.

·
Registered
916 Posts
She lightened her hair. Last season it was a sandier blonde and she seemed to have kept it a bit more conservatively (i.e., her time on West Wing).... looks like she lightened it and the hairstylers decided to make her look a bit more exotic for (at least) the season premiere. Call me crazy but I prefer the old look.

Rick

·
Registered
187 Posts
It looked like she's added a little poundage. I wonder if she knows how good the PQ is on CSIM? You can really see how some one looks.

·
Registered
14,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cnz
It looked like she's added a little poundage. I wonder if she knows how good the PQ is on CSIM? You can really see how some one looks.
It looked like she has been working out. Her upper body had muscles in places in that red top I don't remember seeing last season. (upper arms, chest)

Her makeup is certainly toned down and her hair is much longer with the lighter color. Her lips were nowhere as red (a great feature) as they were last season.

It will take some time to figure out if I like this look better than last season.

And Caruso needs a NEW makeup artist. The one he has butchered him last night or he has a bad case of skin rash. (too much Miami heat!)

·
Registered
710 Posts
CSI Miami is my favorite show; thanks CBS. Sands you are correct. When she showed up at the hit and run crime scene, I could hardly recognize Emily with the new shades and styled hair (which is a big change from her classic super straight long blond hair). Emily is trying with the accent, but it still comes through big time. I didn't think that she gained any weight, but it is possible because her face seemed somewhat different somehow also. I guess I need before and after photos to see what really changed. I also agree with Kipp; Emily seems a lot more relaxed this season.

Don

·
Registered
14,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by donyoop
Emily is trying with the accent, but it still comes through big time.
She comes by the accent honestly. She is from North Carolina. She is trying to tone the Tar Heel twang out to make it a more pure southern accent, but those of us who have that twang, it never completely leaves!

She used to be a weather girl for the CBS station WNCT, in Eastern North Carolina. She went to East Carolina University in Greenville if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by donyoop
When she showed up at the hit and run crime scene, I could hardly recognize Emily with the new shades and styled hair (which is a big change from her classic super straight long blond hair).

Don
Same here. In that first shot when she was wearing the shades I didn't even recognize her.

-Sp

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See that's why I love this place. So obviously, I'm not crazy.

Like somebody said above, I prefer the "old" Emily to be quite honest with you. On West Wing and last year's Miami, she really had that "girl next door" quality that not many other women on TV have these days. I'll miss that if they're trying to turn her into another supermodel action hero. :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
See that's why I love this place. So obviously, I'm not crazy.

Like somebody said above, I prefer the "old" Emily to be quite honest with you. On West Wing and last year's Miami, she really had that "girl next door" quality that not many other women on TV have these days. I'll miss that if they're trying to turn her into another supermodel action hero. :(
When I first saw her I said "what the..." First thing I asked my wife was does it look as though Emily got plastic surgery? Something on her face looked awfully different. The hairstyle was an obvious change, but the face was more subtle.

Not sure which Emily I prefer yet. The jury is still out.

Take care.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sangs

I made sure she still had that bump on her nose, and it was still there although maybe she had it taken down a little?

I always thought her big eyes were what caught my attention the most, and i was looking to see if maybe she had color contacts in??

So, i have to say, i want the old Calleigh back! I thought she had a uniqueness about her look before. Now she seems like all the others :mad:

Well at least i know i have help in figuring it out :p

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Here's what I noticed: last year her hair was all one length. This year she's got is sort of feathered.

Her evolving into a "rougher" character fits with last year. Remember the later season episode when she goes alone to hunt down that killer and finds him in the sporting goods store and then gets the drop on him with her "lady elite" (or whatever it was) handgun? She says, as only she can say, this can go down one of two ways, but either way you will go down...

Enough said. I love her!

Sangs you're not crazy. My wife and I were both talking about here during the show.

Best,

jeff

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know what we need right? Somebody to post some before and after vid caps/pictures. I know somebody out there must have taped last season's episodes and this season's first one.

Come on, give us some love somebody. :) Let's make this as scientific as possible.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree David Caruso's make-up looked blotchy - a good example of HD exposing something that SD would not. I've noticed on several shows in HD that makeup was more noticeable than SD, but last night was extreme.

The industry may need to change make up standards for HD since it really shows it like it is.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by justman
I agree David Caruso's make-up looked blotchy - a good example of HD exposing something that SD would not. I've noticed on several shows in HD that makeup was more noticeable than SD, but last night was extreme.

The industry may need to change make up standards for HD since it really shows it like it is.
And it's most noticeable on Joe Theismann -- one of the commentators for Sunday Night Football on ESPN. His face looks like a piece of plastic.

Take care.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I could've done without the endless lecture on what they all do. Most of us have figured that out after several seasons of CSI and one of Miami. Why the newbie lecture?

Oh, and she is still easily my fave....

Mark

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.