AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CSI: Vegas Officially Picked Up To Series By CBS With William Petersen & Jorja Fox Returning

CBS has given a straight-to-series order to CSI: Vegas, a sequel to the mothership CSI series, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, for the 2021-22 season...

·
Administrator
21,243 Posts
only a matter of time until Marg Helgenberger is announced as also returning...
She has almost no screen time on All Rise. She could do both.

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
I'd check it out for sure, god it's been a long time since the original CSI, I believe I still have some of the original series on VHS :oops:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I'll have to check that out.

Is there anywhere a person can stream the early seasons of CSI in HD? I don't want to wade through various networks to try to catch them in order. And those early seasons were never made available on BluRay.

·
Administrator
21,243 Posts

Is there anywhere a person can stream the early seasons of CSI in HD? I don't want to wade through various networks to try to catch them in order. And those early seasons were never made available on BluRay.
I thought Hulu had them all.

·
Administrator
21,243 Posts
I definitely need a refresher. There were 300+ episodes and a ton of lead character changes. William Petersen left at one point and Ted Danson & Laurence Fishburne were there for a bit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The first season was released on Blu-ray (years after the fact). I have it, but it must have not sold well because CBS/Paramount didn't release any others that way. They did release the Quentin Tarantino-directed two-part episode on Blu.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Loved the show, mostly when Petersen was in the lead role. It didn’t hurt that Marg Helgenberger was easy on the eyes, at least back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: shivaji

·
Registered
6,010 Posts

Hulu has all 15 seasons plus the 2 episode 16th which brought Peterson and Helgenberg back for a closure. Paramount+ has seasons 1, 2, and 15.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Hulu has all 15 seasons plus the 2 episode 16th which brought Peterson and Helgenberg back for a closure. Paramount+ has seasons 1, 2, and 15.
Thanks. When my Disney+ deal runs out after 6 months, I'll sign up for the Disney Triple (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+) and start watching them.

·
Registered
23,139 Posts

·
Administrator
21,243 Posts
If they’re going to reference a lot of the old stuff, I’m going to need a decent recap. There’s no way I have time to re-binge 330+ episodes.

·
Registered
23,139 Posts
If they’re going to reference a lot of the old stuff, I’m going to need a decent recap. There’s no way I have time to re-binge 330+ episodes.
If you started now, and watched them 24 hours a day, it would take you just over 10 days to get through them all (assuming 45 minutes an episode at 330 episodes). I suggest a lot of coffee or energy drinks. :)

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm surprised Peterson is returning to the grind of a network TV procedural...when he originally left the series after Season 9 it appeared he was done...

Petersen left CSI to pursue other opportunities...he believed he was becoming "too comfortable" in the role. "The reason I'm leaving is because I'm afraid I'm becoming too comfortable," Petersen said in a CNN Entertainment article...because his role was so solidified in the long-running series, the job became monotonous and he felt as though he wasn't growing as an actor..."It's CSI — they pay me a lot of money, and I don't have to work very hard anymore. I've got it all figured out. And I just realized, God, as an artist, I'm going to atrophy. You do anything for nine years, it becomes somewhat rote,"

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Someone needs to make a Horation 'takes off sunglasses' gif for the promo 'CSI....... The Return of Gil'

I never liked any other CSIs, and the original went downhill when the original cast started leaving

1 - 20 of 24 Posts