AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched this week's CSI episode last night from my AccessDTV recording, and I noticed something unusual about all the corpses on this show -- they either were breathing, or had a pulse!

This week's show had a lot of bodies for some reason, and they were ALL alive :) You could clearly see the corpses' chests move up and down. On one closeup of what was supposed to be a slit neck, you could see an obvious neck pulse.

They tried to hide this with quick cuts and so forth, but with the AccessDTV it's pretty easy to pop back and review a scene. Looks like the producers need to account for the higher resolution of HDTV when they do these "dead body" effects...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Jim,

Take this one step further and you could really have the Screen Actor's Guild on your case :D

Seriously, the HDTV resolution of the well shot scenes is going to change the way directors use the camera. CSI is one of the best and I sure hope others "copy" them. I think, if ABC would come up above 720, we would see the same things in Alias and other of their action shows.

Though there are not (yet) many dead bodies in Max Bickford, you could never see the same things with their poor PQ.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also noticed the "dead" bodies breathing as well as twitching

their eyes!! It was really obvious.....

bizarre:D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I noticed the bodies breathing too.:eek:

I was watching this and all of a sudden the guys stomach was moving. I tried the SD broadcast of CSI, and no breathing.

Now thats a Good Picture:cool:

Fred

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, I have to be honest that in this CSI season I've noticed more gory shots of bodies (or maybe psychologically I'm more tuned to it)... breathing corpses are fine by me...make me remember that this is only make-believe!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
That is the only draw back to HD, you dont miss a thing. I have learned to live with it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
(Slightly OT) A couple of weeks ago on Judging Amy, Tyne Daley was leaving the office with a box full of desktop stuff. You clould clearly see CBS written with black marker on the bottom of one of the items. :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yep i saw the guy blink thursday...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ever since I saw a dead body breathe in CSI last season, I've paid close attention to this. Just about every episode that has a body on the table breathes, and it's mostly stomachs that move when the actors try to take a quick, shallow breathe. It's a little distracting but it only gets a chuckle from myself and the wife when it happens.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes, I saw that guy's hairy stomach move and I screamed. Well, not really. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ahhh, The beauty of HD, Even me that I am almost bind :) Saw them breathing...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just think, "rigor mortis!"

·
Registered
226 Posts
I see dead (not) people....:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.