AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Yesterday I got a W700B and hooked it up.

The unit powers on with the TV, and the volume is controlled with one remote, which is great.

Has anyone had an issue where the Sound Field selections stops working? Basically the remote doesn't work at all.

The inputs are connected to the TV, and then from the ARC port to the soundbar. It worked yesterday, but today nothing. It is stuck on TV and it's like the remote isn't responsive to anything.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other observation is - the soundbar makes a buzzing sound before the TV switches over to external audio.

I'm wondering if the HDMI cable from the TV (ARC to ARC) may be acting funky in some way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
haven't had any issues with the remote but I cant seem to get any audio at all using HDMI and ARC with this exact setup. Remote controls the volume but audio only works through the optical out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haven't had any issues with the remote but I cant seem to get any audio at all using HDMI and ARC with this exact setup. Remote controls the volume but audio only works through the optical out.
You have the opposite problem I have. If I go optical out I need to use bluetooth on my phone to control the sound.

Is the volume on the TV set to pass audio to the external speakers? Should be automatic when it detects the connection though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is the funny thing, I get one of two messages. 1 "Switching audio to external speakers" and then I get no audio but if I connect the optical I get the same message and then a few seconds later a message stating "switching to tv speakers external not available" or something similar. When this happens I get audio through the soundbar via optical as well as the tv speakers. Going to swap out the soundbar toorrow hoping to resolve the issue as I do not want to have to swap the tv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts