AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this was available on Net Flix and since I saw the original Cube when it aired on Sci Fi network and liked it, I wanted to see how this one faired. Basically it is the same story, a bunch of people are trying to escape a maze of rooms that all look identical, each having 6 doors. In the original, there was a code and certain rules you could follow to navigate the rooms safely, but that seems to have gone out the window for the writers this time. One thing that was really impressive was the use of surround sound on this. I thought it was one of the best surround sound disks I have ever watched. Also, not a bad LFE track. The story isn't that fresh, but if you enjoy sci fi fantasy movies and have a good 5.1 system, it's worth putting in your que.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have you also watched Cube Zero? It's a prequel to Cube.

Somewhat aside, I also recommend the movie PI. While I don't believe it's in 5.1 the video portion is amazing. It's black and white, raw, and stunning, adding to the feel of the movie.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Cube Zero in my que also. I would have gotten them both togehter, but I am on a 2 disk plan and we always get one adult and one family movie. I should have Cube Zero by Friday or Monday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.