AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've purchased about 20 dvd's and got to watch maybe ten so far.

out of the ten Broken Arrow and Armegeddon were both defective. BA was obvious i could the imperfections on the disk(looked like little craters on the moon) but on Armegeddon i cant see anything(it hangs up on chapters 15,16and17) both disk came from best buy. i'm curious if this is normal or if i'm just having a string of bad luck. thank you for your replies

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Out of 343, I had a bad "Storm of the Century", "Octopussy" and "Christine". The rest when they skipped, I cleaned them after my cleaning they were okay. So my answer is 3, when I get a new disc I take a soft cotton T shirt and clean from the center out wards on all 360 degrees of this disc, Chris Williams uses Ivory Soap.

Sometimes there is a invisable 'goo' on the disc, but after cleaning it shows up as black splotches. When the disc is entirely clean of these, the disc then resides upright in one of the Sony CX series changers. With the door on the CX 860 being remote controled, the other being the 850D you manually push the door closed, after that I don't clean them unless they skip using the process above.

All movies have been viewed with in days of purchase.

My next disc on pre-order is "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" due out November 6, next "Dogs of War" Christopher Walken

due out November 20th, last disc bought was "Eddie and The Cruisers".:)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Out of about 800, bad discs have been rather rare. Less than 5 have actually turned out to be bad. One of which I recieved within the past month. Ussually, if I couldn't get a disc to play properly after cleaning, it ended up being a player issue, which are quite common.

Chad

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Chad I had on DVD that according to the discs instructions could not be played on every player. The DVD I had trouble with playing was "Blair Witch 2: The book of Shadows" I am hoping that they will find a way for the DVD to be played on all of the players. I have never seen this wording on any other disc, it also helped to get my money back at Walmart.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.