AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running dual Rythmik F25's in a 14x22x8 room, cement slab floor with two rows of seating, movies only. I absolutely love the bass (Anthem ARC has the subs EQ'ed perfectly flat to 15Hz) I am getting.......

.....but as any true bass head knows the urge to go deeper and louder is always there. Assuming I could sell both F25's for a $1500 profit and would be willing to put in $1500 of my own is there a sub(s) that would yield me even better output and sound?

Just curious.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Add another F25 if you like em

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
That's another thought. The only issue is that I'm severely limited on where I can place a third subwoofer so it's possible the spots I do have open wouldn't make a difference or make a negligible difference.
If you want low and loud; it has to be huge and will occupy a fair chunk of space or forget about it. Alternatively, have a look at seaton offerings or the new dollies from deep sea sound.

If nothing fits the bill; DIY is the only option in $3K

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Quad SI 18 with an iNuke 6000 DSP or similar for under $3K will make those F25 boxes cry for mama

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,257 Posts
Quad SI 18 with an iNuke 6000 DSP or similar for under $3K will make those F25 boxes cry for mama
With a $3k budget he could probably build four HST-18's driven by two inuke6000's.

But on the ID side, I would take a glance at dual Gamma 218's from RA.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys have peaked my interest in DIY for the first time since I got into this hobby.

I'll hop over to the DIY threads and see what I can learn. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Couldn't agree more....

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I listen typically around -10dB to -15dB on my Anthem MRX710....but it's my understanding that level calibrated 0dB on the Anthem MRX is actually 85dB not 75dB (unless that changed between the 700 and 710 models). So if that still holds true I am right at reference or 5dB below reference depending on the movie (watched Interstellar at reference the other day and loved it).

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
^^ I assume no distortion/bad sound at that level? Have you measured your FR? Do you know if they are at their best location in your room? My room is a bit smaller than yours (19' length) and my FV15HPs pair is +-3db down to 10hz.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
If you want low distortion with your subs then build/buy a horn sub. They have limitations to be sure, but well designed horns have extremely low measurable distortion.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^ I assume no distortion/bad sound at that level? Have you measured your FR? Do you know if they are at their best location in your room? My room is a bit smaller than yours (19' length) and my FV15HPs pair is +-3db down to 10hz.
Heavens no. Sounds fantastic to me. Even the extended low bass scene in Interstellar where he's flying through the black hole for almost a minute the subs never sound muddled or boomy.

I haven't measured my FR independently....but using combined quick measures between my seats with ARC I am flat to 15Hz (the lowest ARC will measure). And both F25's are in the best spots I have available for my room.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
^^ so you are happy with your subs but want deeper and louder without loosing sound quality, you will need to drop serious cash to beat your F25's unless you are going DIY route but then, you will be wonder if the sound quality will be there as the well engineered Rythmik. Your pair should dig deep with good to great output in your room. By upgrading to a higher output subs, you gain the extra headroom and if you already there with your pair then to me, it's a waste to have extra headroom and not using it. My FV15 pair which sound quality is top notch, have the extra headroom at my normal -15/-10MV that they are here to stay. My 2 cents

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
^^ so you are happy with your subs but want deeper and louder without loosing sound quality, you will need to drop serious cash to beat your F25's unless you are going DIY route but then, you will be wonder if the sound quality will be there as the well engineered Rythmik. Your pair should dig deep with good to great output in your room. By upgrading to a higher output subs, you gain the extra headroom and if you already there with your pair then to me, it's a waste to have extra headroom and not using it. My FV15 pair which sound quality is top notch, have the extra headroom at my normal -15/-10MV that they are here to stay. My 2 cents
I'm not following your thought process here. He would be able to determine if the sound quality is better because he can listen to both of them no?

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
I listen typically around -10dB to -15dB on my Anthem MRX710....but it's my understanding that level calibrated 0dB on the Anthem MRX is actually 85dB not 75dB (unless that changed between the 700 and 710 models). So if that still holds true I am right at reference or 5dB below reference depending on the movie (watched Interstellar at reference the other day and loved it).
Don't understand this, why would Anthem change the reference level by 10dB....what would it be "reference" to at 75dB average instead of the standard 85dB?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts