AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if folks would share their "negotiated" best pricing/deal with D* customer retention.

I've finally got permission to get a second receiver for the bedroom. MOST definitely want OTA HDTV (have it on the 65" tosh and love it), want 5.1 DD, don't necessarily want Satellite HD, not a fan of DVR but not against it. My main receiver is an RCA DRD ??. I like it because I can simulataneously drive the component and 5.1 for the main room and the RF SD for distribution throughout the house (too many TVs as my wife would say, had it all before the marriage thing!). I have a Tosh DST-3000 that's not active. I use it for OTA HD only on the big screen. Not impressed with this unit.

In the bedroom I have surround sound (HK AVR125), a 32" component TV (not HD but as LCDs drop in $, it's in the not too distant future), DVD (Tosh SD5109), ... mini theater room (stuff moved from the main room when I upgraded it).

I'm being told the H10 ($199), with $150 in customer credits is the best folks are getting.

I've never had D* buy me anything. Wanted to jump on the $99 deal last year but didn't. Have been with D* since '95/'96 and had all my equipment before they started the "give aways". Upgraded everything on a lightening strike a couple years back.

I currently have Total Choice, nothing else. Don't really need it. We do DVDs and OTA HD mostly.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Umm well I talked to customer care at D* 5 days ago because my contract was up. Told them I was going to switch services because their HD equip was to expensive and I could get it HD equip free with another provider. They were great. They gave me the HD receiver and dish for under 50 bucks with installation plus 3 months of HD services at no charge. Now thats what the type of service I expect. Although I did have to sign up for 2 more years but to me thats no big deal.

scooter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.