AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievoviii /forum/post/20832208

whats the Current best Nvidia HTPC video card that can also do HD audio bit-steaming? only for blu ray movies no games. thanks

I currently have the GT430

The GT430 can bit stream HD audio (mine does) and its perfectly fine for just blu ray playback unless you are wanting to dive deeper into some things like MADvr and CUVID and such.

But for just normal HTPC use and playback the GT430 is great.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittiner /forum/post/20832367

The GT430 can bit stream HD audio (mine does) and its perfectly fine for just blu ray playback unless you are wanting to dive deeper into some things like MADvr and CUVID and such.

But for just normal HTPC use and playback the GT430 is great.

GT430 for normal HTPC use. GT440 if you want to try out MadVR/Cuvid.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
if LAV CUVID and madVR are requirements and you further need a single slot solution the GT 545 is available and the power consumption numbers are fairly similar.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
The MSI 560TI HAWK edition is overclocked to death, but the cooler on it is dead silent...no noice at all unless you are running a burn in program...which maxes out the card. It downclocks to amazingly low speeds when the high speeds are not needed, reducing power usage.

It also allows you to game on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.