AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend/cousin and I were laying around watching VHS copies of old "Ernest" movies......her favorite is "Ernest Goes to Africa" by the way....

anyway......back to topic......halfway through the tape she shocked me.....she sat up in bed and said "Are those black guys or grey?".....wow

I was astonished.....she obviously noticed the poor black levels of my pj....pretty impressive for a fourteen year old.

I want my honey to be happy....should I change to a three chip DLP? I currently have cheapo panny 711XU. Single chip DLP worries me cause her eyes twitch alot.....you know the rainbow thing. What's really cool about her is her thick glasses.....she holds the lens sideways and says our 4:3 looks like a widescreen!! Is that a videophile's dream girl or what??

Anyway.....I want to go 12ft diag or bigger with a little ambient (romance you know). I want a scaler that will make our HUGE VHS collection look good. We have the sound system....I need a new pj for under 30K if possible

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
For a moment I thought you were laying in bed with your girlfriend AND your cousin in which case I MIGHT have answered your question, if they were both women and both over 18.

Nice post.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You might find it more desireable to just forget your tape collection and switch to watching only DVDs or HDTV.

I bought the best JVC S-VHS player available with time base correction and even then no videotape was even close to a DVD on my Marantz 12S1. So my several hundred tape collection is now housed in boxes in the storage shed.

Not only is resolution pretty bad but the contrast and color saturation is especially bad once you have been spoiled by DVDs on the big screen. Videotapes have their place, but it is on a smaller direct view CRT.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
OK Carl, what's with the straight faced answer? I know you know badgerman is horsing around :D! If I didn't know you I'd be worried.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
For a moment I thought you were laying in bed with your girlfriend AND your cousin in which case I MIGHT have answered your question, if they were both women and both over 18.

Nice post.
I recommend acquiring a 9" CRT system, and visits by an ISF guy and possibly a consultation with an attorney, not necessarily in that order :D

·
Registered
21,719 Posts
Tim, you're recommending an ISF guy. WOW!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Well Steve

You have jumped to an incorrect conclusion...... I was thinking "International Softball Federation", they could field a team next year......:D

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
tell us more about your sound system.

BTW you can't get a good projector for under $30k or a VHS deck for under $15k.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryg
tell us more about your sound system.
Better yet, tell us a little bit more about your personal life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.