AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own this tv a samsung 55 inch C8000. Probably a top of the line led not too long ago. Looks like I missed out on the panasonics that just went out of business but I am looking at buying a plasma to make my movies better now especially black levels at night. Now that I have a good surround sound system built I am trying to determine if I should wait and hold out for the next big thing or buy something like this the Samsung PN64F5500 64-Inch and save money for the next high end black performance tv. Would like some suggestions and if its even worth upgrading yet.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahamm2  /t/1521836/current-led-owner-looking-for-suggestions#post_24462166

I currently own this tv a samsung 55 inch C8000. Probably a top of the line led not too long ago. Looks like I missed out on the panasonics that just went out of business but I am looking at buying a plasma to make my movies better now especially black levels at night. Now that I have a good surround sound system built I am trying to determine if I should wait and hold out for the next big thing or buy something like this the Samsung PN64F5500 64-Inch and save money for the next high end black performance tv. Would like some suggestions and if its even worth upgrading yet.

i would wait a few months for the new line of Samsung plasmas. If the rumors are right, you will be able to buy a 64 inch H7000 model with the quality of the F8500 for around $2000. It probably won't have camera or smarthub but it will have the same bright plasma screen as the 8500. Basically a bare bones F8500.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
the f8500 is like an LED/plasma hybrid. it's a great way for an LED user to get into plasma.

totally uniform backlight and decent motion that you get with plasma, but also has nearly the same brightness as LED's. i have my cell light at 50%(i'm used to plasmas) because i find it too bright to watch comfortably.

i would suggest the f8500 for sure. OLED will be the only significant improvement between now and when plasmas are no longer sold. you MAY save money if you wait for the H7000, but i've heard nothing that would suggest it will be in any way better than the f8500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts