AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a low priced remote (ideally with learning and/or JP1) that is similar to the All-For-One URC-9910 or Radio Shack 15-1995 / 15-2117. These remotes are IR/RF remotes, that include a small RF "command center" box that converts the RF signal of the remote to the IR used to control the devices. I basically just want to be able to control some of my devices without direct line-of-sight from another room.

You used to be able to get the URC-9910 for less than $30, but all of the remotes I listed above are discontinued and there doesn't appear to be a cheap alternative available today (just more expensive solutions). I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Try the URC RF10, can be had for under $40, will need the basestation which is sold separately. You don't need a URC Rf basestation, the Rf10 will communicate with IR extenders like these:

Which can be found for very cheap. The RF10 isn't jp1-able, but will not run out of learning memory.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund /forum/post/19615854

Try the URC RF10, can be had for under $40, will need the basestation which is sold separately. You don't need a URC Rf basestation, the Rf10 will communicate with IR extenders like these:

Which can be found for very cheap. The RF10 isn't jp1-able, but will not run out of learning memory.

Thanks. Presumably I should be able to use any regular IR remote with IR extenders, correct? Which extenders do you recommend as an effective, low-cost solution?

EDIT: Unless there's a way to use RF-capable remotes with just a single IR extender. I suppose a traditional IR remote would essentially need 2 "extenders". One for where you point "locally" (transmitter), and another that controls the device "remotely" (receiver).

Would an RF capable remote work with just the transmitter of an IR extender? As a matter of fact, I just ordered a used Radio Shack 15-1995 (but without the RF-to-IR command center) and am wondering if I can use a cheap IR extender receiver with this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.