Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been very happy with my calibrated G15 and ISCO lens combination for some time now.

Of course as a "legacy" device I am concerned that the time will come when I am outta luck re HD.

Anyone know:

1. the current timetable for implementation of HDCP, HD DVD, and what the status of the wrangling over non-DVI display devices is; and

2. If there is anything out there which is substantially better overall, in terms of brightness, contrast, color accuracy etc? HD on this PJ is simply fantastic. Additionally, I have an 11ft wide screen, so the lumens matter.

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I have a G11 and in my opinion you have many years to wait until the

@#^A hits the fan. Yes we cant use dvi players like the Bravo, but SDI, Component and VGA still works really well for us. I read a nice article how the the confusion on DVI and HDCP is really helping us. If they had implemented DVI/HDCP immediately when HDTV came out, only a relatively small group of people would have been hurt. Now its what 4 years later (more or less), and no standard has been 100% adapted with thousands of PLamsa, RPTV, FP and TVs out there each with its own system or no system. How are they going to cut everyone off. My biggest worry isnt our current sat or cable boxes or dvd, my concern is what they will do with HD-DVD. Thats were they could really screw us all. There I can see them having only DVI-D out only. On the other hand, you got to love the Chinese, if they can figure out a way to make a player cheaper and more accessible, they will find a way. I am sure there is no law saying the HD-DVD players wil only be DVI only, but might be a rule of all the big players. AGain, the Chinese manufactureres seem to go there own way. Look at the region free DVI-I players they now have.

Time will tell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.