AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So karma seemed to not appreciate getting a good subwoofer for next to no money.

My water heater developed a leak the day I ordered it, then yesterday my clothes dryer caught on fire.

Also, another AVSer by the name of Cerdic (who got one of the exodus subs) had a workman accidentally destroy the power system for his well water.

Did Kevin call a witchdoctor over before he shipped these out? LOL

·
Registered
265 Posts
Eek! Hope everything is OK at your house with the dryer fire!

At least with my sprinkler guy, he's responsible for the cost of fixing what his damage caused.

No guarantees yet I have a good driver. My box is almost done and I hope to fire (ha!) it up tomorrow. Wish me luck with my "cursed" driver!

Best,

C.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFinWiley /forum/post/20851400

So karma seemed to not appreciate getting a good subwoofer for next to no money.

My water heater developed a leak the day I ordered it, then yesterday my clothes dryer caught on fire.

Also, another AVSer by the name of Cerdic (who got one of the exodus subs) had a workman accidentally destroy the power system for his well water.

Did Kevin call a witchdoctor over before he shipped these out? LOL

I had to replace the heating element in my clothes dryer - repair service would have been twice the cost - and I was shocked at all the dust and lint that had collected near the heating element. Needless to say, I pop off the cover once a year and clean it out with my shop vac. I also clean out the duct with forced air and a extremely long brush.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgwalsh /forum/post/20853247

I had to replace the heating element in my clothes dryer - repair service would have been twice the cost - and I was shocked at all the dust and lint that had collected near the heating element. Needless to say, I pop off the cover once a year and clean it out with my shop vac. I also clean out the duct with forced air and a extremely long brush.

I was shocked as well. I have the dryer apart to clean all the surfaces. I am hoping to get it back together tonight. I will also now be opening it up and vacuuming it out every few months.

Funny enough the majority of the flame was the service paperwork INSIDE THE DRYER. I can't tell if it was 4 sheets of paper or just 2 folded in half. They wasn't much left of the papers (maybe four 2"x2" squares with burned edges). I'm not sure why it is acceptable to place these documents INSIDE OF A GAS FIRED BOX and not in a pouch on the outside of the dryer.

Don't get me wrong. It appears that some lint did catch fire in a single burst. But the lint did not completely burn through the whole layer inside, only the top was singed. It was the paper that stayed lit and burned.

Steve

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFinWiley /forum/post/20855367

I was shocked as well. I have the dryer apart to clean all the surfaces. I am hoping to get it back together tonight. I will also now be opening it up and vacuuming it out every few months.

Funny enough the majority of the flame was the service paperwork INSIDE THE DRYER. I can't tell if it was 4 sheets of paper or just 2 folded in half. They wasn't much left of the papers (maybe four 2"x2" squares with burned edges). I'm not sure why it is acceptable to place these documents INSIDE OF A GAS FIRED BOX and not in a pouch on the outside of the dryer.

Don't get me wrong. It appears that some lint did catch fire in a single burst. But the lint did not completely burn through the whole layer inside, only the top was singed. It was the paper that stayed lit and burned.

Steve

I often wonder why the cost so much because they serious aren't ver complicated and have a tiny circuit board. Perhaps it's all the sheet metal, but damn they're fairly simple.

Sorry to hear about your Maelstrom. I found a good one, so keep your eyes out for one.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgwalsh /forum/post/20855408

Sorry to hear about your Maelstrom. I found a good one, so keep your eyes out for one.

I'm not seeing where he said the Maelstrom failed, just everything else...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.