AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cursor jumps all over on menu screen, yet when i play zelda the cursor is perfect.... why would it be perfect on zelda but jump around on the menu screen???

·
Registered
928 Posts
Crank your sensitivity all the way up to 5 in your Wii settings. Make sure you are sitting less than 11 feet away from the sensor.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Actually, the cursor bouncing problems can be solved by going into the wii menu and setting your sensitivity to the right settings for your set-up (mostly depending on seating distance.

for instance, my usual seated location is about 13-14 feet from my screen. Out of the box the cursor disappeared at this seating distance, reappearing when I moved closer. I solved this by increasing the senstivity to max.

Now, the drawback is that if I'm standing 10 feet away I get the cursor bounce/double cursors. this is the only major flaw I see with this control system so far.

So you can probably solve your problem by turning the sensitivity down a notch.

Zelda definitely has some sort of smoothing function going on, because any jumping, etc goes away when aiming.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I dont know what I need to do for my case... Because I barely sit on the low limit, 3 feet. And it bounces around. So who knows.... I dont know that I will ever get it working properly at such a low distance, but my vision sucks so i kind of have to for zelda. For the other games I am probably 8 feet away or so.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Where do you change the sensitivity?

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
In the menu's, the cursor isn't meant to be very refined in my opinion. It seems much better in games and the trial browser. I have the sensitivity set to its highest level and the remote between 3 to 8 feet and the cursor still jumps from time to time, especially while 'twisting' the remote in the menus. One type of interference between the remote and sensor bar can be too much light as stated in the manual. My HDTV puts out a great deal of light, especially with the Wii's white menu backgrounds.

Who knows, maybe a third party company can release a sensor bar that will provide more/better range.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Hester /forum/post/0

In the menu's, the cursor isn't meant to be very refined in my opinion. It seems much better in games and the trial browser. I have the sensitivity set to its highest level and the remote between 3 to 8 feet and the cursor still jumps from time to time, especially while 'twisting' the remote in the menus. One type of interference between the remote and sensor bar can be too much light as stated in the manual. My HDTV puts out a great deal of light, especially with the Wii's white menu backgrounds.

Who knows, maybe a third party company can release a sensor bar that will provide more/better range.

If I remember right, you have the 5679 LED Samsung I was looking at before changing for the 5053 plasma. Wonder if the there is a difference? If it is dark out and I'm using the plasma, I get no jump. However during the day I inevitably get some ambient light on the piano black housing and experience the jump as described.

It's a shame the remote is RF oriented. Maybe next gen!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have noticed a slight twitching (of the cursor) while using the on-screen keyboard. I haven't adjusted any of the settings as mentioned above yet. It seems to do it on the characters that are closer to the sides of the screen. It also doesn't always do it so it seems semi-random at best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts