AVS Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
And final pics! Pretty happy with how they came out. And they sound AWESOME. Still breaking them in, but they can go seriously loud with tons of tactical response.
Welcome to the curved club. These look fantastic! All the way from the proportions and feet to the ash veneer. Thanks for sharing and I wish I found this thread a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Great job on the build. I'd love to hear your review of them after they break in. These speakers are on my short list of speakers I want to build.
Thank you! I'll post listening impressions below.

Bravo!!! Very nice work - you should be proud
Thanks man! I've read through your gjallerhorn thread at least 3 times over the years...really nice cabinet building, but I love that you put them in the ceiling haha.

Those turned out amazing great work. Thanks for posting the process of staining those cabinets! I bet they sound as good as the finish on them.
Thanks man, they do sound good. I posted the finishing process mostly so I could remember in the future what I did as well lol.

Nice, really really nice :)
Thank you!

Damn! Those are a work of art! Seriously great job, man!
Thanks man, you helped me get there. Next time, I want to cut my own veneer ;)

Very nice work indeed, my friend! They turned out fantastic!

Now you just need a pic of them upside down next to the upside down 1899 =D
lol thanks man. Ya know, the upside down 1899's don't bother me as much now that their behind a screen lol. Hopefully in my new theater, I'll get to flip them back over.

Patzig,
How do you like the sound of these? I was looking at the measurements and they seem interesting.
http://speakerdesignworks.com/SB6pakproject_5.html
They sound great, I'll post better remarks below.

Beautiful! Great job!
Thanks man.

Lol. I'm getting closer to wanting to sell my sub cabs. You still interested? I think you buy/sell toys even faster than I do ha.

Welcome to the curved club. These look fantastic! All the way from the proportions and feet to the ash veneer. Thanks for sharing and I wish I found this thread a couple of months ago.
Thanks man! Curved is def cool. I'm already thinking about building more curved speakers...maybe curved all the way around with no back baffle. Bet I'd need a real jig to do that though.

How do they sound?
They sound awesome, I'll post more below.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
bump,

how are you liking these?
any comments?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts