AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a monoprice Ceiling Recessed Tab-Tensioned Motorized Projection Screen but I dont like the white plastic bezel it comes with. I'm painting the ceiling a dark color and all the other accent pieces like power outlets and light switches will be black. Has anybody ever created their own bezel or have any ideas?

I was thinking of just cutting a hole in the drywall just big enough for the screen to fit through and then using some type of material to line the edges of the hole so that it's not just rough drywall. Any ideas on what material would look good? I do not want to do wood trim. I'm looking for something dark colored and/or paintable...maybe a dark colored metal material or something?

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts
You should simply apply Drywall compound along the cut edges with a small blade, square off the edges, let dry, sand, repeat once again, sand, then prime and paint. If the Screen does not rub against the edges, that will do the best job of looking good and avoid your having to fabricate a Edge with metal.

BTW, cut the opening with a sharp, new Drywall Blade...not a Hand saw.And use a long straight edge. keep the cut edge as smooth as possible, as this will help make the "sealing" of it with Drywall compound much easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts