AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my new theater first post

update

So im new to this but im am doing work for a friend a little home theater with decent set up doing a in wall construction style the speakers are these

Check out the work here

http://www.worldshutterbug.com/galle...95829985_y5gTp

Using 5/8 drywall

Roxul Safe And sound

Procore insulated doors... and back wall will have a glass wall and door on it pics to come leme know wut u think..??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I duno how to post pics but go to the link there all on there ....

only 3 days any tips before i start closin in walls??

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohnsy19 /forum/post/18219390

Using 5/8 drywall

Roxul Safe And sound

Procore insulated doors... and back wall will have a glass wall and door on it pics to come leme know wut u think..??

Umm, no disrespect, but I think you should read (study) some more. There's more info on this forum than you can absorb in a lifetime.

Start with your goals, priorities, budget, plans, space, etc.

Oh yeah, and post pics. Like carborandum said, we're lazy.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think that's the first time I've seen a tile floor in a theater.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,358 Posts
Didn't see any tempered glass, but then again I didn't know what I was looking for.

This looks more like plastic:

If that is where the glass is going, there will likely be some acoustical issues considering the tile floor and all. Also if sound proofing the room is important your friend may be disappointed when he cranks up the sub-woofers. Drop ceilings leak bass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At first I thought all the metal pieces were hat channel, and I was impressed, but then I saw they were just metal studs. I think with the tile floor and drop ceiling that room will have some really weird acoustics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im building on existing construction and the flooring is being being done as well its early in the stages but it will be nice ....

any ideas on a cheep way of insulating the ceiling... acoustic panels or something?

any ideas would help i have some google sketchups as well as CAD files that are exact pm me if ur interested

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Really, honestly, you should put your construction on hold and do a little more research. It would be a real pity to put in a lot of time and money only to find that you have built a theater that will not perform well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts