AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Subscribed. Looking forward to seeing how these come together for you @JCJetta. I am also considering these as a “step up” from the Ultimax 18’s which seems to increase in cost and harder to get every day.

Are there any changes in the T/s parameters for these subs compared to what is offered on PSi’s site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah, they did considerably. Check out post #9 ; this is where we measured one of the drivers using DATS. We are still analyzing the data and may measure it again, but this is definitely a custom built driver, not the original car audio version. In fact, the limited experience I've had with WinISD showed the car audio version being way more of a "one note wonder" than my version.

With a 2000w power handling and 30mm xmax I think it is safe to call these a step up from the Ultimax drivers. And again, he hand builds these drivers to order. So long as you are cool with a little bit of a lead time, you won't have to worry about inventory issues.

Stay tuned. It's about to get a loud louder and lower.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yeah, they did considerably. Check out post #9 ; this is where we measured one of the drivers using DATS. We are still analyzing the data and may measure it again, but this is definitely a custom built driver, not the original car audio version. In fact, the limited experience I've had with WinISD showed the car audio version being way more of a "one note wonder" than my version.

With a 2000w power handling and 30mm xmax I think it is safe to call these a step up from the Ultimax drivers. And again, he hand builds these drivers to order. So long as you are cool with a little bit of a lead time, you won't have to worry about inventory issues.

Stay tuned. It's about to get a loud louder and lower.

This is what they sent me for T/s parameters:

I’m hoping that these are similar to yours. Very much looking forward to reading about your impressions on SQ and experience with these subs. Best of luck with this project.

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
This is what they sent me for T/s parameters:

I’m hoping that these are similar to yours. Very much looking forward to reading about your impressions on SQ and experience with these subs. Best of luck with this project.

These params are not as nice as the ones eng-399 posted. what's the discrepancy?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

The email JC got from Psi in another email has a much lower mms number that I’m currently debating between a few local guys. Matt P that writes for avnirvana.com and lives local to me has been in touch with some of the guys he’s knows so I think I’ll know soon what to think about this mms number.
Also how much better is the smith and Larson woofer tester 2 than the dats? I see databass uses that to measure drivers. I’m new to all this datsv2 stuff but like learning about it.

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
The email JC got from Psi in another email has a much lower mms number that I’m currently debating between a few local guys. Matt P that writes for avnirvana.com and lives local to me has been in touch with some of the guys he’s knows so I think I’ll know soon what to think about this mms number.
Also how much better is the smith and Larson woofer tester 2 than the dats? I see databass uses that to measure drivers. I’m new to all this datsv2 stuff but like learning about it.
Looks like you entered the Le at 10khz, should use the 1khz number.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
These params are not as nice as the ones eng-399 posted. what's the discrepancy?

I have no idea. This is just the information (T/s parameters) I asked for when I inquired about their HT version subwoofers. I was hoping to get some clarification as well.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Some pictures of The wood Owl Lumber has in there store. I could of took a lot more but here’s a few.

There’s literally 12-16 more aisles with different wood species in it. What a cool store.

Here’s there 20k$ saw

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Some pictures of The wood Owl Lumber has in there store. I could of took a lot more but here’s a few.

There’s literally 12-16 more aisles with different wood species in it. What a cool store.

Here’s there 20k$ saw
Nice looking shop!!

Typed on a tiny keyboard, excuse any typos

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
More excitement.

I am completely sold on this Birch from the Baltic plywood. It is indeed lighter and stronger than MDF. I’m also completely sold on Owl Lumber making all of the cuts prior to assembly, fantastic quality and efficiency.

Kinda nice to see the pieces prior to assembly. Now I can see the basic shape these will become.

41 - 60 of 204 Posts