AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Radeon-LE based HTPC running 7093 drivers. I need my graphics card to output signals with negative sync all the time, regardless of the resolution. So I setup custom resolutions in Powerstrip and defined them with negatvie sync (unchecking the positive synch checkboxes under custom timing and resolution window). When I switch to the resolutions immediately within Powerstrip, it works fine. But if I reboot, it tries to sync positively. Is there anything I can do to avoid this? Can I force the negative sync somehow? Also, if you define the resolution in powerstrip, reboot without changing to the new resolution, then try to switch to that resolution under dispaly properties, it does the same thing. Any way to avoid this?

Final question: Since my projector won't get recognized via plug and play, I defined it as a standard SVGA monitor with a 1600X1200 resolution. When I switch to widescreen resolutions, some work, but others don't. 1280X720P works great, but 1360X768P comes out as a virtual desktop. Any idea how to correct this?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
tcs11

what I've found in the past is that when you set a resolution in powerstrip and change to that resolution (in powerstrip) it is very different than if you change to that resolution via windows. If you have Powerstrip start at windows startup I believe this may force the sync on your custom resolution, but only after ps has started up fully....

I converged and save a memory for a resolution while I was running powerstrip, when I restarted my computer later (not running Powerstrip) the projector didnt use that memory. As soon as powerstrip was started, bang, it changed to the proper memory. So, I always make sure to setup the resolutions with powerstrip and than never run it again. Of couse in my case, I dont require that negative sync.

Hope this helps,

Wes

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
in your powerstrip configuration you can have powerstrip autoload everytime you reboot your computer. It seems as though whenever you reboot, powerstrip doesen't come up in the background so your custom settings aren't restored at startup. Just have powerstrip autoload at startup(the is the checkbox you want to have checked) and then your settings will be restored automatically.

for your monitor configuration, most people including myself have had good success using the Sony GDM W900 (i think the spelling is correct)which will support most of the resolutions out there. This should solve your 1360x768p issue, if not you can select a different moitor that does so.

All this is also in assuming you have powerstrip 3 installed on your PC.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is pointed at the overly obvious but something that might have been overlooked....when you change your settings to negative....are you then going back and saving the resolution? I think the eaasiest way is to save it....let it put the icon for the resolution on the desktop....then clicking the resolution when you want to put the picture on your PJ.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.