AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions about setting up custom resolutions in Powerstrip.

First off, what do I need? I only have the trial version of Powerstrip. Do I need to go ahead and register it and get the full version? I hesitate because I want to make sure it's possible before I buy. If the trial version is fine...could someone point me to where the CR setup is....I seem to be a bit stupid.

Secondly, is it even possible for me? I have a GeForce2MX and a 22" monitor. I know my monitor is capable of doing 1600 x 900 and I can control the CRT so that I get a physical 16 x 9 dimension. Could I force my monitor to display 854 X 480 (a resolution not listed in the user's manual). Better yet, can I force it to display a 1.85 AR? Or am I constrained to the resolutions listed on the back of my user's manual?

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi ZenarDiode:

___Having a multi-synch display capable of resolutions far beyond that of most HD FP’s is one reason why you really do not need to use a custom T&R and or PowerStrip in your case. You can lock aspect ratio of whatever DVD you are viewing in a 4:3 DT (800x600 – 1024x768 – 1600x1200) and play the DVD as the films was supposed to be seen in its original aspect ratio. The scaling effect from today’s video card is what you are really after so please do set your video card back to any 480p type resolutions. PowerStrip is mostly used for matching the sweet spot to some HD FP’s or even simpler, to synch to HD displays that cannot synch to a std. 4:3 Windows resolution. There are a lot of other features for game tuning and such that you may be interested available from PowerStrip as well but for HTPC use to a std. multi-synch monitor, you really do not need to use it.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.