AVS Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1293 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusedk /forum/post/19208357

Wo0zy,

I ended up purchasing a Radeon 5770, as I planned on gaming, but I didn't want to make the purchase till later down the road; this issue pushed me into doing so.

I really would like to thank you for all your help and time. Thanks again, really.

No worries. It was an interesting problem.

Sorry that I was unable to help find a solution.

All the best.

Wo0zy

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plac3bo /forum/post/12716345

This tool seems to be exactly what i need, except...

When I run it and go to the "Registry Hack" tab, the bottom of the screen says in red text "Intel Graphics Registry Key Not Found" and the "Write DTDs to Registry" button is always disabled.

I have same issue, but i'm on XP pro with following:

Chipset: Intel 82945G Express

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation

Driver Version: 6.14.10.4410

I have searched the registry for both: TotalDTDCount and/or DTD_1 and neither are in there. It's a GX620 Dell (lunchbox) computer.

I only need to fix my overscan on my Toshiba RP HDTV and the 'ruler' tool seems to be exactly what I need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
responding to my own post...the trick is to install the actual intel drivers from their website, using the "have disk" method. If you run the setup, it will fail, telling you the hardware doesn't match.

Using the Dell provided drivers doesn't work with DTDCalculator.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike909 /forum/post/19256335

responding to my own post...the trick is to install the actual intel drivers from their website, using the "have disk" method. If you run the setup, it will fail, telling you the hardware doesn't match.

Using the Dell provided drivers doesn't work with DTDCalculator.

Hi Mike,

I meant to post saying if those reg keys don't exist then it's unlikely that DTDCalc will work but got sidetracked with work.

Glad I didn't! Nice fault finding

Odd that the Intel setup routine fails. If you've not seen any negative effects I guess it's a bug.

Again sorry and well done.

Wo0zy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wanted to know if someone could look at my issue, I thought I could put up with it but really want to try and get my picture displayed correctly from my laptop to my TV

any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @all

I'm new in this forum. My name is Andre and i come from Germany (sorry for my bad english)

Currently I am working on a car pc. For the monitor I need standard PAL or NTSC timing on VGA port. The board is a MSI IM-GM45.

For example, I use:

modeline '[email protected]' 14.77 768 784 848 944 576 581 586 626 interlace -hsync -vsync

calculated DTD C5 05 00 B0 30 20 19 10 10 40 22 00 00 00 00 00 00 80

I can see this timing in the vga settings but if I switch to this timing I have no 15kHz hsync. The frequency is only ~4-5 kHz (measured with an oscilloscope).

Other interlaced timings have the same result.

I test it with driver version 6.14.10.4935 (from MSI CD) and 14.42.8.5303 on new installed Windows XP SP3.

Also I tested the IEGD Driver with and witout DTD Calculator. With this driver I have in interlaced modes no signal on the VGA port.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, thanks for this wonderful tool. Unfortunately I can't make it work under Windows 7 with my Intel 945 Express and Toshiba Regza TV. I actually do this:

- Start from currently supported resolution (but overscanned), like [email protected]

- Create a custom resolution by using tuning.

- Save to the registry and reboot

I can clearly see the new resolution on Windows 7, select it and it actually changes but I still have overscanning problems, the screen image is bigger than my tv screen exactly what happens with original 1920x1080. No matter how much I tune by moving corners to make it fit the red lines, whenever I set the new resolution it changes correctly (gets lower) but the screen goes always outside my TV screen.

It seems I can't tell the program where my screen starts and ends both horizontally and vertically, no matter what I do just the resolution changes but not screen size or position.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Funny. I had a similar problem last night. I have an i3-530 hooked up to an old Hitachi RPTV. I had used DTD Calculator about a year ago to get rid of the overscan. I wanted to update the Intel Graphics driver and thought I would save myself some time and save the DTD I was using and reapply it after updating the driver. Everything seemed to go fine.

Rebooted and there was my custom mode. But after applying it I still had some noticeable overscan. So I tried it from scratch using 1920 x 1080 as the starting point, applied the rulers after everything looked good and still overscan. Resolution changes, but overscan doesn't. Finally gave up and reverted to old driver using system restore and all was well.

Any thoughts? Something new about this new driver that was released in December?

·
Registered
1 Posts
While having troubles entering DTD`s to registry after first succesfully applying them I found out:

You have to be carefull when using dot or bracket for delimiter while determining pixel clock (check your regional settings).

There is also a problem that appears after tuning the screen. You have to watch out for the pixels for H or V to be in the ascending order in the modeline on the left side of DTD calculator window.

All in all. You can see the errors if you check the generated DTD for X letters that are not a part of hexadecimal numbering sistem and therefore cannot be written to registry.

Happy using the great tool.

M

·
Registered
1 Posts
does the DTD Calculator work with the INTEL GMA 3150 and win7?

Cause i generated a DTD Line and i found it in the registry but the resolution is not shown in the windows Control Center.

BTW Great tool

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used moninfo and DTD calculator to insert a custom 1366x768 resolution to a sony LCD TV. it worked once but when I restarted it reverted back to the 1024x768.

I tried running the process all over again multiple times, reinstalling driver, changing driver version and I haven't been able to make it work again. I also tried modifying the inf file and reinstalling the driver. All instances of DTD in the registry were right, but there was no custom resolution on the dropdown menu to select.

My video card is Intel 945GM on a dell laptop on win xp

Can somebody help me sort this out? Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
I recently switched to Intel processor graphics (on an I5 2500k) and was using this tool successfully to define a custom resolution, which avoids overscan.

But I noticed a problem related to the color space, when using the custom resolution. I was using video ranges and I could play videos e.g in WMP which are fine color wise, but as soon as I started Windows Media Center everything (including desktop) would switch to PC ranges. This setting would stick, meaning I end up with crushed blacks even when I close WMC. The driver also says 'standard' now instead of the previous 'limited'.

I don't have this problem when I use the native 720p resolution (overscan).

Is this expected, or is there a solution for this? Right now I use 720p with the resize feature of the driver, but that does not give me 1:1 pixel mapping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a 65" DLP 1080p tv and set up my computer using i3 2100t through a HDMI. I have some overscan and was wondering if this tool would help me or whether there is already a feature built into the drivers to prevent overscan

thanks

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I use a DLP with an i3 as well... I use the brute force method to get the Desktop to the right size. I threw money at the problem. I let my DVD Iscan Duo the work. Actually I had using a DVDO Edge for a long before the Duo. The Duo makes up for the idiosnycracies in the TV CMS.. The bonus is all the rest of the control. The Duo is very nice in automatic for matching color space and levels to the TV. You can from info what is being input to the VP and output to the display.

When at the desktop I use the underscan menu to make the desktop smaller. When in Media Center I let it overscan as it would without intervention which is the true 1 to 1 method.

Obviously the Duo is not a solution for every one. I can't remember but I am pretty sure the DVDO Edge has underscan control too. I bet you can pick up a used Edge for a very good price. The benefit of the Video Processor as a switching hub with multiple HDMI , Component and Audio imputs is worth price of admission for convenience sake alone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have replaced the LCD in my laptop (XGA, 1024x768) with a higher resolution one (SXGA+, 1400x1050).. from looking at the datasheet of the two LCDs, I know that all of the proper connections are made except for the EDID connection, there is no connections to send EDID info from my lcd to my computer. I tried to make an EDID override in the Windows 7 registry, and the display now shows up as having the right parameters, but the GM965 X3100 drivers still only offer 1024x768 as an option. So.. I was very excited when I found this software. Unfortunately, after going through the processing and using the registry hack, there are still no added resolutions in my driver settings. DTD Calculator claims to be creating a 1400x1050 profile, but then it is nowhere to be seen on the system. I'm wondering whether this software defaults to editing the profile just for the external display, since that is probably what it was intended for in the first place, and if that's the case if there is something i can do to add this new resolution option for an internal display. In linux the edid override works fine and the lcd displays properly, but in windows my desktop fills 2/3 of the display then tiles.. any help would be fantastic!

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Toshiba NB250 netbook

Native res, 1024x600, GMA 3150.

Only resolutions to choose are 1024x600 or 800x600. If I uninstall the standard driver, I can choose a 16 colour 640x480 in the display adaptor properties, but nowhere else.

All I'm trying to do is run a handful of older games that require 640x480 to be present on the system

I've run this utility to add 640x480 to the registry, restarted but still can't choose it or see it on the list

Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a few basic questions. I tried the intel integration graphics on my new htpc and ended up going to an ati 6570. Reason being it would not sync 24p on my projector timing etc where wrong would i be right in thinking this tool could fix the issue of none standard timing for my projector.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I have the very old

Intel GMA / Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family. (128mb)

on my PC with the latest driver 6.14.10.4396 installed.

I would like to get a 1600x900 20" monitor. However googling has lead me to discover that seemingly no one with these graphics can get that resolution (or 1366x768 either). No one has found a solution. - Also I don't think anyone can even get a high more typical (16x10) resolution with a flat screen and these graphics.

I was wondering whether this DTD calculator could manage it? I know on the first few pages it mentions newer intel graphics only.

Unfortunately I cannot get a graphics card to work in my pci-e 16x slot. (I have been trying appropriate cards only (eg radeon ati x1300) and trying loads of online tips but it's just no go which is frustrating.)

I would really like to get a new monitor before at some point down the line getting a new computer.

Am using XP pro, 2gb ram, 3ghz P4 cpu.

Can you let me know whether the DTD calculator could sort these graphics to use a 1600x900 monitor?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an old Dell Inspiron 630m and its screen died. I bought a new monitor with 1600x900 resolution and was quite dissapointed to find out that the laptop didn't have this resolution option. Did some google search and ended up to this forum. I followed the instructions as posted here and it worked like magic! I was so happy to see it working. I would like to thank the author of this post for providing such a great tool with detailed instructions.

Note that I used the 1599x899 setting instead of 1600x900 as this was not allowed by the processor when I tried first. But now, 1599x899 works perfect. I also had to do some clock adjustment (found in the monitor options) on my monitor to eliminate minor blur in the middle of the screen.

Thank you for the great help!!

1241 - 1260 of 1293 Posts